Gooten is seeking a UI/UX Designer to work collaboratively with the Product, Marketing, and Design teams. In this role, you will be responsible for the ongoing design of our user experience and its continued iteration.
Gooten is a platform that enables artists and entrepreneurs to sell their designs—which are printed and fulfilled through the platform—on over one hundred different products.
You will work in New York City alongside our Design and Product Leads who are looking forward to supporting your work.
* Collaborating with product management and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
* Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
* Designing and iterating landing pages and other top-level web experiences to increase conversion rates
* Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
* Present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
* Conduct and utilize user research to influence design decisions
* Utilize best practices to create a user-friendly experience
* Follow and maintain UI guidelines
* Proactively target potential design flaws and areas of improvement
* Work with the marketing team to design ads, emails, and other collateral
Effective candidates are expected to bring the following qualifications and experience:
* Working in a high-growth environment
* Leading a UI/UX project from end-to-end
* Expert knowledge of prototyping, interaction design, Sketch and Adobe CC
* Working knowledge and experience with user research
* User behavior analysis skills (qualitative and quantitative tools such as in-person interviews, Hotjar, Google Analytics, Woopra, etc.)
* Designing high fidelity prototypes and interactions using tools such as Principle, InVision, UXPin, etc.
* Leading assigned projects and managing time effectively
* Experience designing e-commerce solutions preferred
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, based in New York City. We have a distributed workforce, and a modified office / home office schedule is permissible.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Gooten is an online custom print fulfillment service that also provides drop shipping worldwide. You send us your orders that need to be printed, we handle the production, the fulfillment and the logistics.
Just as companies like Airbnb connect travelers with lodging, and Uber connects drivers with passengers, Gooten connects businesses with manufacturers. We solve the logistical headaches so you can concentrate on growing your business. We can help you source new products, identify new trends, run promotions, track analytics on purchasers/repeat purchasers, and many additional benefits.
Our focus is on four distinct lines of business related to custom print fulfillment:
An intuitive API that handles millions of requests daily;
A Shopify app which seamlessly automates product fulfillment; and
B2B direct sales of merchandise and promotional products