A great career is so much more than a base salary and a hot technology stack. It is about having ownership in something that impacts people in a meaningful way. Plan has over 22k active monthly users who are using our tools to build better things faster. The positive response we have gotten has been staggering and we need someone who is passionate about building the RIGHT thing to join our team.
You are probably a bit like us in that you derive deep satisfaction from solving real problems that make a difference in the lives of our users. The reward is in the process of taking a concept from a designer and bringing it to life and having it turn out even better than anyone expected. We want you to be a part of our team and have a real say in how our product evolves to meet the needs of our users in delightful ways.
Engineers on the Web Team thrive on working in a cross-functional team and enjoy establishing product feedback loops, iterating fast, and building something that our customers will fall in love with. We love modern tooling such as Angular, ES6, SASS, etc and are constantly looking for ways to gain a competitive advantage by leveraging the ever changing frontend ecosystem.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Collaborate with Experience Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Work with Backend Engineers to build features and ship experiments
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices
- Commanding grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Awareness of cross-browser compatibility issues and client-side performance considerations
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
Desired (not required)
- Experience with Sails js as production system
- Contributions to the open-source community
- Angular and Webpack experience
- Plan active user
Only 39% of the work day is spent on real work. The rest — over 60% — is wasted sifting through emails, coordinating meetings, and searching for company information. That's nuts.