You hear it all the time — our healthcare system is broken. The US spends more on health care than any other country in the developed world — yet our expenditures don’t translate into improved health outcomes. Patients are frustrated. Care providers are forced to spend countless hours dealing with complex insurance rules and payment processes — work that does nothing to improve patient care.
Our core belief is that getting healthcare should be simple. We created Patch because we had been screwed over by the system and felt completely helpless. We didn’t want others to have to feel that way anymore. Our mission now is to make using healthcare easier by simplifying the way people interact with their insurance and financial benefits. One day, we won't need to worry about what this “co-pay” is or what portion of a “deductible” is met, we’ll simply seek the best care we all deserve.
We are a fast moving, mission-driven startup dedicating to solving major problems with healthcare finance. Want to help us make a difference?
You'll be the face of Patch and go-to product expert for all new customers. The Customer Success Associate is responsible for the implementation process from start to finish — onboarding new clients, training them to use our platform, and ensuring that all new accounts are set up for success.
By enabling customers to use Patch effectively and confidently (and demonstrating how Patch benefits both their patients and their business), the Customer Success Associate will develop lasting relationships with lifelong Patch customers.
Our Ideal Candidate Has:
- BA/BS from an accredited 4 year university
- 1-2 years of professional experience in a client facing role
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to speak eloquently and de-escalating client frustration
- Proactive, solution-oriented attitude when tackling customer issues
- Strong attention to detail, pride/ownership of work, and phenomenal time management skills
- Excellent written/oral communication with the ability to interact effectively with internal teams and external contacts
- Demonstrated verbal presentation skills
- Integrity in handling confidential and sensitive information
- A desire to continuously learn and improve
- Previous experience in a sales, project management or a customer success role preferred
- Own client relationships throughout the implementation process (from start to finish), serving as the customers’ go-to point of contact.
- Listen closely to all stakeholders (the client, business partners, and other internal teams) during Kick-Off meetings/calls to ensure full-scope of implementation is understood.
- Prepare a project plan to track process and ensure that all deliverables are met.
- Be able to manage a giant workload and be open to variability and constant process change
- Be willing to step up to the plate and take on an SME project that is outside of your day to day
- Conduct onboarding training and set early expectations with clients
- Understand the start-up life.
- Recognize background and/or aptitudes of individual client contacts and tailor project plan, client training and messaging to meet the client’s needs.
- Work closely with our sales, product, engineering, and other internal teams to develop and prioritize product improvements.
What We Can Offer:
- Full medical coverage, and Dental
- A generous equity plan
- A competitive Comp package
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Trust in you to do things right
Patch is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
We founded Patch on the belief that healthcare benefits should be simple to use and easy to understand. After personal frustrations (on the phone with insurance companies for hours), we saw the system was causing misery where it didn’t need to. Given most Americans don't have $1K to their name, we realized people choose their healthcare based on what their insurance will cover. With over $350B is spent each year on administration in healthcare, this is an important problem that fantastic software and efficient processes can solve.
Patch demystifies health insurance and payment processes so that using benefits and paying for healthcare is a breeze. Patch’s revolutionary platform allows doctors to easily check what patients are eligible for, let them know what they owe, and transact instantly, all without having call insurance companies or submit paper claims. This unlocks a better care experience for patients and a faster and cheaper administrative process for providers.