Full Harvest, a VC-backed, high-growth food tech startup based in downtown San Francisco, seeks an experienced relationship builder and go-getter to work closely with our Founder to increase sales of imperfect and surplus produce on our B2B platform.
At Full Harvest, we are disrupting the agriculture space by solving farm food waste and bringing technology to a market where there was none. We are the first B2B platform connecting farms with food businesses to sell discounted, yet perfectly good surplus and imperfectly shaped produce that would have otherwise gone to waste. A huge environmental problem.
As Business Development Manager, you’ll play a critical role in growing the company. You’ll have the opportunity to develop and shape systems and strategies as you design Full Harvest’s sales processes with large institutional customers. You’ll work with buyers (food manufacturers) and/or sellers (farms) to close new accounts. Reporting directly to the CEO, you’ll attend various conferences and events as well as leverage your networks in the food and ag space to significantly build the business.
Our office is in downtown San Francisco. Some travel is required.
About Full Harvest
Approximately 20 billion pounds of produce go to waste in the U.S. annually simply because they are not perfectly shaped for strict retailer standards. We aim to solve this problem by creating a marketplace for this unutilized edible and delicious produce. Our vision is three-fold: bring an additional revenue stream to farmers, lower the cost of healthy food production, while significantly reducing wasted food and resources. A win-win for everyone.
Looking for more info about us? Take a look at this article in TechCrunch:
- Serve as the company's main outside sales/ business development person within the company, working closely with the CEO and Director of Sales
- Work with the CEO to identify potential buyer and/or farm accounts, leveraging both your and the CEO’s networks
- Design an overall sales process for the company
- Attend food and agriculture events to network and build relationships with buyers and farms
- Reach out to potential new accounts via phone, email, and in-person meetings to fact find and generate new leads
- Negotiate contracts and close the sales
- Serve as liaison between the farms and buyers and manage communication to finalize sales
- Support new farm and buyer operational roll-out, including pricing, samples, logistics, etc.
- Research market to determine appropriate pricing for different items
- Develop systems to track and manage the sales process
- Passion for Full Harvest’s mission
- Persistent go-getter with 5+ years of experience in sales, preferably working with large food CPG and/or agricultural companies
- BA, preferably in business
- Strong network with large farms and/or with large food manufacturers
- Experienced project manager who can juggle a lot of moving parts with strong executional / operational roll-out skills
- Proactive / Takes initiative; ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer-facing experience
- Previous startup experience preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of large-scale farming, food manufacturing and/or produce industry
If this sounds like you, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s change the world!
Full Harvest is a B2B platform for farms to sell their surplus and imperfect produce to institutional food & beverage companies.