We are looking for a Business Development Representative for a fast-paced, high growth B2B software drone-tech startup, to act as the liaison between our Marketing, Sales and Leadership teams. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads from marketing campaigns and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
• Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
• Contact potential clients through emails, LinkedIn or cold calls
• Present our company to potential clients
• Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
• Customize product solutions to increase customer satisfaction
• Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
• Set up meetings or calls between (prospective) clients and Account Executives
• Work with Business Development Head to plan and execute plans.
• Answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions
• Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients
• Qualifying leads from digital campaigns, conferences, references, tradeshows, etc.
• Closing sales and working with client through closing process
Stay up-to-date with new products/services and new pricing/payment plans
• Proven background or work experience in Business Development, Software and Technology
• Experience with lead generation and prospect management
• Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
• Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
• Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect and interact with potential customers
• Ability to deliver engaging presentations
• Time management and planning skills
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or relevant field
• Technically savvy. Proficiency with drone and aerial robotic technology.
FlytBase is the world's first Internet of Drones (IoD) platform, that allows easy deployment of intelligent drones, connected with cloud-based business applications.
Unlike most IoT devices, drones need real-time, high bandwidth connectivity; drones usually have fairly powerful onboard compute, big batteries and operate in smaller fleets for only minutes/hours at a time. IoT platforms are just not designed for this. FlytBase has built a custom protocol and developer platform, optimised for these specific requirements.
Built-in enterprise-grade security, reliability and various modules, like, user management, job tracking, data analytics, and deployment options, make FlytBase a platform of choice for various commercial drone applications. FlytBase is assisting its customers in building fully-automated drone applications for industrial inspections, warehouse-management, delivery, surveys and emergency response.
FlytBase was awarded the TiE50 Top-Startup award by TiE Silicon Valley.