- super interested in travel?
- an expert communicator?
- an eager beaver?
- name any five big travel websites within 10 seconds?
- name any five airport codes within 10 seconds?
- work equally well autonomously and in a team?
- exercise exceptional attention to detail?
- long for fast pace, fast growth, and increasing responsibility?
- derive pleasure from turning users' frowns upside-down?
If you said yes to all of the above, let us know. Now here's the boring stuff:
We’re a small but fast-growing team in the heart of SoMa. We expect the scope of your responsibilities will move quickly, as well. Possible transition to full-time positions. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.
The Customer Experience Specialist will be at the front lines of our user interactions, fielding questions, handling claims, and troubleshooting for users. Our interactions will primarily be via email, with occasional phone-based support.
- Respond to client requests via support platform
- Maintain knowledge of fast-changing product/procedures
- Communicate product feedback to team, and escalate issues as necessary
- Stepping stone to greater role in claim validations, risk management positions
- Maintain flexibility and punctuality
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area and available to work on-site.
- Prior experience in a professional/service-oriented environment.
- Adherence to standards of etiquette and professionalism, especially in all user-facing communications.
- Familiarity with the flow of online air travel bookings.
- You’re interested in the online travel industry and learning about its inner workings.
- You breeze through office applications like Word/Docs/Pages and Excel/Sheets/Numbers.
- You know the difference between premier and premiere
- Knowledge of foreign language (written and spoken) will be a plus.
Job Type: Part-time Contractor
Customer Service: 2 years
For the longest time, innovation in travel has been driven by a focus on the distribution of more, better or faster content to travelers. Sadly, innovation without the underlying product offering changing has its limits.
When we founded FLYR, we realized that particularly because of the industry’s focus on distribution, a wealth of data is available to those that can process its sheer volume. With access to various such data streams, we started understanding how products such as airline tickets are priced and what signals could help us to look into the future.
Using this insight, we create, price and distribute new financial solutions that enable travelers to lock a fare, pay over time (0% APR, No credit check), or get a discount thanks to a predicted near-future price arbitrage.
Our team consists of prize-winning data-scientists, software engineers that dream code at night, and business-building entrepreneurs with backgrounds in travel and enterprise technologies.