We are a growing team of innovators—engineers, gamers, and designers passionate for Esports and the blockchain. FirstBlood began as a labor of love because we believe in what we want to achieve: a platform where Esports players can compete against the best, for real rewards.
This project is a team effort and we can only win together.
If you are passionate about gaming, esports and working with the latest technologies, you will have a blast working with FirstBlood.
You are an organizational ninja. You’ll be focused on project management and coordinating activities within our team. We have a very flat organization, and the founding team is involved, directly, in communicating with our entire organization as well as our customers on a daily basis. As a Project Manager, you too will be communicating with everyone in our organization. We need someone who can track and update the status of dozens of tasks every day, and keep the team informed of changing priorities, changing responsibilities, and the status of critical-path tasks. Most of all, we need someone who can be relied upon for organizational skills and attention to detail.
This is not a technical position. However, we need someone in this role who can learn the technical language of our business and industries (gaming, esports, cryptocurrency), together with some of the tools we use, such as Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Forms, etc.), Slack, Trello, and others. We will guide the candidate, but the candidate must be ready to embrace technology and not be afraid of using it.
We are a global start-up. We have teams currently working in three different time zones across the globe. For example, when working with the engineering team in Slovenia, you will need to know when an issue can wait until their morning versus when to sound the alarm.
FirstBlood is a hands-on organization. Although we have many teams operating across different functions, we are all one team. Every single member of the FirstBlood team wears multiple hats. We are looking for someone who can be successful accomplishing their main job responsibilities, as well as helping your teammates when possible. Everyone in our organization takes turns carrying the team from time to time.
If you enjoy helping others thrive in a fast-paced startup environment then you will love being part of the FirstBlood team.
If you are passionate about gaming, esports, and working with the latest technologies, you will have a blast working with FirstBlood.
- Track progress of project activities, ensure key development milestones are achieved, ensure that the program proceeds based on the agreed upon timeline, and know how to problem solve, and escalate where they are not
- Use your words, your logic, and your knowledge of the project goals and project terms to successfully negotiate compliance with not just the letter but the spirit of the project outcomes
-Develop dashboards and reports to provide better visibility into portfolio/program/project status to improve visibility and facilitate decision making at all levels of the organization
-Support the senior leadership team in business analysis and planning as needed including market research, opportunity assessment, modeling and presentation
Our Ideal Candidate
- PMP Certified
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing technology-related projects in an innovative & startup type of environment (software industry experience preferred)
- Proven proficiency with PM methodologies
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-directed, self-starter, team player
- Strong business acumen and polished presence
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the project management function
- Experience in process re-engineering to drive efficiencies and streamline workflow
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork, and organizational skills
- Flexibility to handle directional changes with the ability to juggle moving priorities to ensure project success
- Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines with little supervision
- Analytical thinker with a can-do attitude and flexibility to accommodate to evolving business needs
- Ability to contribute consistently and positively in a high-paced, fast-changing and sometimes unpredictable work environment
- Proven ability to assess business needs, prioritize accordingly and escalate appropriately
-Previously worked with startup companies
-Have experience working in video game/gaming/software companies
-Play video games and love playing them!
-Previously worked with a global team
-You speak more than one languages
YEAR ONE CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
-Establish, manage and document weekly, monthly and quarterly executive team and functional team reviews
- Create weekly updates for each of the CEO’s direct reports to measure week over week progress and identity/prioritize key areas that require CEO attention
- Establish a consistent meeting and reporting cadence and communication plan across all levels of the company