We are hiring a Director of Marketing to help us market FirstBlood’s gaming platform for esports fans and professional competitors. You will own responsibility for FirstBlood’s brand, user acquisition strategies, and retention marketing.
If you are excited about the opportunity to be part of an early stage start-up working in the esports industry and using the latest technologies, you’ll have a blast being part of FirstBlood.
- Build marketing plans, positioning, audience, messaging, and asset plans for FirstBlood.
- Participate in the development of a long-term strategic roadmap and consumer marketing plans.
- Partner closely and drive key marketing initiatives with other members of the FirstBlood team (Social Media, Blog, Community and Business Development), and development team.
- Manage Public Relations with media companies and over social media to promote the product and strengthen brand image.
- Build and optimize online & offline customer acquisition, retention, and monetization strategies.
- Develop creative briefs and work with the design team on the delivery of high-quality assets (online, offline, streaming & TV, etc.).
- Test, analyze and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Work with Head of Business Development to build partnerships and develop cross-marketing activities.
- Monitor audience and related marketing KPIs, evaluate marketing campaign performances and improve the funnel.
- Provide analysis and long-term strategic thinking to direct product development roadmap.
- Gather insights to support product and marketing decisions.
- Conduct market research and data analysis to define product positioning.
- Supervise and mentor other members of the marketing team.
-Los Angeles (preferred) or Boston
-3+ years leading a marketing team
-Metrics driven approach to user acquisition
-In-depth understanding of marketing funnels
-Experience working with consumer internet products
-Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, public speaking
Nice to have:
-Knowledge of esports industry
-Familiarity with related industries such as fantasy sports, gambling or gaming
-Experience implementing or working with affiliate software systems and/or CRM tools
-Experience managing online advertising budget of $1m+ per year.
If you’re interested in this position, please submit your resume and a short cover letter or email explaining why you’re the right person for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org