Finnest is reshaping the way kids and teens experience and learn about money. Our small, fun, and scrappy team comes from a variety of backgrounds to support the same mission and goal of becoming the best banking platform for kids. We have recently raised capital and publicly launched our product - now we’re looking to expand our team.
As a member of our engineering team, you'll architect, design, and implement brand new financial services products used everyday by families. We're looking for full-stack engineers with deep technical experience and curiosity that can help rapidly execute on product improvements and vision.
- Lead projects and provide technical leadership in subject matter expertise.
- Have a natural curiosity, with an ability to research and solve problems independently
- Own large portions of the code base.
- Make decisions on new technologies to implement as our product expands and grows.
- Write tests and constantly seek to improve code quality and reliability.
- Be a core member of our team, focused on doing right by our users.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to interact with Design/UX and articulate technical concepts
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as, collaborate with a diverse team.
-You are able to rapidly learn new systems and adapt to existing frameworks when needed. Finnest is at an inflection point and we need someone that can hit the ground running.
- You've demonstrated your ability to build, test, release, and maintain complex products with 3+ years of experience doing so.
- You’re excited to be hands-on contributing to the success of a small engineering team by writing front-end (Swift) and back-end (NodeJS) code. The buck stops with you.
- You demand high-quality code of yourself and others.
- You love trying new tools, technologies, and frameworks, but are pragmatic; you get stuff done with what solves the problem you’re facing.
- You love shipping new things rapidly, and iterating based on real user behavior.
- You have a knack for finding and eliminating inefficiency in your users’ workflows.
- You have strong communication skills with technical and non-technical teammates.
- You’re a great listener, but are willing to speak up when you see something that needs to be fixed. You ask questions when something isn’t clear.
- Experience in financial services.
- Experience building an Android app (will be on our roadmap in the coming months).
- Experience leading technical teams.
Technologies We Use:
- Restful APIs
At Finnest, we’re using technology to teach the next generation of Americans about money so that they don’t end up unprepared like generations before them. We design our products specifically for kids and teens, utilizing behavioral research from industry experts to thoughtfully educate children and encourage positive interactions with money. We strive to provide experiences for the five pillars of financial education: earning, saving, responsible spending, giving and investing. Our small team is rapidly improving our brand-new product and growing our user base.
Finnest is an equal opportunity employer, and is proud to support diversity of all kinds.
Finnest is a mobile banking application and secured debit card that helps school kids to experience the world of digital money by letting them participate in it. Learning how to handle money is an experimental process rather than a tutorial one and Finnest provides this “learning by doing” training by guiding kids and their parents with the app as they earn, save and responsibly spend money.