About Fat Lama
We are the platform for the future of ownership.
What if owning things were no longer important? What if those expensive items that are hard to find, can be available to you in a second? What if that investment you have already made can be used to pay for those things you can’t afford to own?
At Fat Lama we believe in that future. We believe that one day, owning those things we only occasionally need will be as ridiculous as buying a house every time you want to go on holiday.
We’re building the platform to enable that to happen. Our customers trust us in droves – we’re growing fast week on week. In order to create an experience that rivals any in the world, we need your help.
How can I help?
Our product experience is incredibly important. The experience of either lending or borrowing on Fat Lama needs to not be frictionless but also delightful in order to create the business that we want to.
We’re currently rebranding with Studio Koto (founded by the people that rebranded Airbnb) and planning a significant overhaul of our product experience. The designers that join our team will take ownership of this challenge, with a high level of autonomy and trust.
It’s going to be a big challenge, and like working for any young company will need a lot of passion and heart.
So if you have those things, we want to hear from you!
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- Can demonstrate recent mobile and desktop product design work at scale, using modern design and prototyping tools (Think Sketch, Flinto, Framer etc.)
- Can demonstrate empathising with and championing the user in major product decisions
- Can demonstrate examples of solving business/user needs through design decision making
- Have mentored or trained more junior designers
- Have worked iteratively with engineers, product managers, researchers and analysts to push product direction
- Are looking for a product through which you can have a huge impact, do your best ever work and set yourself up for the next ten years of opportunities
Your responsibilities will include:
- Pushing the limit of our product experience – visually and in terms of logical, usable flows
- Working closely with our founders as well as the product and engineering team on product execution and strategy
- Pairing with engineers to not just design but ship fantastic experiences
- Championing the user experience wherever possible, going out into the world and empathising
You’d ideally be the type of person who:
- Is up for a rapidly changing environment with lots of juggling
- Is pragmatic, not dogmatic. Not all decisions go your way.
- Can communicate well and stand your ground when faced with hard calls
- Are mission driven and able to commit completely
What you can expect:
- Masses of autonomy - we move fast and trust everyone to do great work
- The ability to craft both product design and process for the first time at a well funded high growth product
- A world-first mission to chase – we can change people’s relationship with stuff and reduce the clutter in the world
- A friendly, casual work environment in a beautiful building in Shoreditch (with free lunch from our in-house chef and lots of free popcorn from our neighbours Propercorn)
- Competitive pay and a generous equity package
If you don’t feel like you fit all of these areas, don’t worry. We are dedicated to the development of our team. Whether you’re a design graduate, an artist or a bricklayer, as long as you’re also a designer, we’d love to hear from you.
Not sure you're qualified for this role? Try Product Designer instead.
Bringing your whole Lama to work
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Join the fastest growing rental marketplace in the world. Backed and advised by world-class investors, Fat Lama is a sharing platform which enables anyone to rent anything to and from others nearby.
We live in a society where we’re forced to make unnecessary purchases for transient needs. Fat Lama offers an alternative model which gives us cheap, convenient access to goods and the ability to make passive income from what we own.