beta signup @ http://www.famo.us
Famo.us has build a JS library capable of rendering to HTML, Canvas and WebGL. It is powered by 4 core engines:
1) a 3D rendering engine
2) a 3D physics engine
3) a gesture engine
4) a multi-view engine
Wrapped around these engines is the API layer that enables developers to quickly and easily build native quality apps and games.
Steve Newcomb is the co-founder and CEO of famo.us. Prior to famo.us Steve was the co-founder of Powerset a semantic search engine that was bought by Microsoft and later became the search engine Bing.
Mark Lu, is a 22 year old engineer UC Berkeley EECS graduate.
- free & open source
- fixes the performance problems of HTML5
- enables rendering to DOM, Canvas and WebGL
- multi-view capable
- controls animation with a physics engine
- enables designers with new tools for animation
- enables junior engineers to use widgets
- enable senior engineers to build their own primitives
- can build apps and games
- works on phones, tablets, computers and televisions
- one code base, deploy everywhere