Famo.us provides extensive free training, examples, and tutorials through Famo.us University. This live coding environment allows students to see their code rendered in real time and work through topics at their own pace.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco, Famo.us is led by Steve Newcomb, who is best known for founding Powerset, which was sold to… · More Microsoft and is now part of Bing. Investors include many of the most prominent entrepreneurs and venture capital companies in Silicon Valley.
Famo.us/Angular is an MVC for creating Famo.us apps, powered by AngularJS. It integrates seamlessly with both frameworks and offers the best of both worlds. Developers can use declarative UI authoring to create Famo.us apps visually, in HTML, and easily add animations to Famo.us objects declaratively, imperatively, or both. It is available via ZIP download or via GitHub. For more information, visit http://famo.us/angular.
Steve Newcomb is the co-founder and CEO of famo.us. Prior to famo.us Steve was the co-founder of Powerset a semantic search engine that was bought by Microsoft and later became the search engine Bing.
Mark Lu, is a 22 year old engineer UC Berkeley EECS graduate.
Why we're doing this
- Fixes the performance problems of HTML5
- Enables rendering to DOM, Canvas, and WebGL
- Is multi-view capable
- Controls animation with a physics engine
- Enables designers with new tools for animation
- Enables junior engineers to use widgets
- Enable senior engineers to build their own primitives
- Can build apps and games
- Works on phones, tablets, computers, and televisions
- Uses one code base and lets you deploy everywhere
Most impressive accomplishment
Founded Powerset and sold it to MSFT for $100 million to help create the search engine Bing
Tell us why you're building this business, and why you're the right
people to do it.