You role will be to design various products for Factmata for customers, our annotator communities and domain experts, that help to build unique machine learning pipelines, as well as engage an active expert community who can get involved in discussing and labelling news content constructively. The role will be based full-time to London.
What you'll be doing:
- Understand customer product requirements, and how they should be designed as usable, friendly, and neat interfaces that just work and map users
- Own designs from concept to launch, post launch feedback gathering and iteration, from both customers and community users
- Maintain and grow the design system with elements that can be re-used by developers across products
- Discuss designs and UX requirements with target customers and groups, interview and identify pain points
- Design product marketing materials and pitch decks, infographics etc or use third parties to do so.
- Iterate and build intuitive prototypes/sketches/UIs/design components that fulfil key functions we want to build out to show potential customers and users for feedback.
- Make sure developers have the assets, specs, wireframes, etc., they need to implement UI
Who we're looking for:
- You have a passion for news, and helping create products that help remove poor quality information online [required]
- You are a proactive, born leader with a desire to build out a design function.
- You have experience in designing for customer facing SaaS products and dashboards which involve the interpretation of complex data elements such as scores, ratings, visualisations and more of text [required]
- Experience with the latest design tools like Sketch, Invision, etc [required]
-You have experience in designing for products with 10,000+ users, both user-wise and developer-wise in the past. This includes forums, news aggregators, news websites, newsfeeds, review sites, social networks and generally user generated content platforms [desirable]
Make sure you send us a few examples of things you have built that are relevant to what we may need.
Factmata is building a platform for sharing, questioning, curating and responding to online content, targeted at domain experts, journalists and news enthusiasts, focused on the quality and credibility of content rather than how many 'likes' it gets. The product will engages people in the process of correcting news articles, identifying fallible claims, and supporting more accurate information on the web. This will be used as a method of obtaining training signals to inform unique Factmata quality scoring algorithms. In addition, Factmata is building a number of customer facing SaaS products for clients who have an incentive to promote only good quality, credible online content and want help with ad targeting, syndication, moderation and more. This work will help lead to an ultimate quality score on the internet which has applications for investment research scoring, hedge fund trading, programmatic advertising, search engines and more.