A Carta product designer transforms product, business, and engineering requirements into delightful user experiences.
They design products and features that empower users to easily perform the actions that matter most. They know our users and advocate for elegant design and usability. They are the safekeepers of a great, intuitive user experience.
Carta product designers must empathize with users to build flows that are clean, clear, and simple. Designers build and adapt our UI kit to provide a unified and straightforward experience across a wide range of experiences and circumstances. They work closer with their product management and engineering counterparts to understand how to build the right experience using their technical and visual skills.
Carta is looking to expand its platform to include greater mobile functionality. We’re looking to build our mobile capabilities for our key users--professional investors, employees with equity grants, company executives, board members, and more. We’re looking for a designer who loves mobile design and turning complex problems into delightful mobile experiences.
- Employ primary user research, design principles, or other qualitative and quantitative data to support design decisions
- Conduct interviews and other firsthand research to create deep empathy and understanding of our users’ behavior and attitudes
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to solve for user needs and create UX flows
- Balance immediate feature needs with a longer-term vision for scalable, network product
- Collaborate with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering partners to represent the design team, facilitate design discussions, and give feedback in planning and product channels
- 5+ years of experience designing native mobile experiences
- Comfort in designing mobile interfaces across different screen sizes and user experiences
- Fluency in best practices for mobile UI patterns
- Proven track record in shipping high quality products and designs for iOS and Android devices
- Empathize with users and understand business needs
- Work cross-functionally with team members including design, product management, engineering, business, and product marketing
- Ability to partner with product managers to develop the strategy and rationale for features
- Contribute to building a strong design culture that highlights a user-centric approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Carta is creating the ownership network that maps the world's assets. Check out who we are and how we work here.
At Carta we want to create an environment for Carta's owners - you - to do your best work, by offering competitive benefits and perks:
We are committed to WELLNESS:
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive PTO and unlimited sick time
We are committed to INVESTING IN YOUR FUTURE:
- 401k matching program
We are committed to A SUPPORTIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Commuter benefits
- Catered lunch and unlimited snacks
- Cell phone stipend
We are committed to LIFELONG LEARNING:
- Unlimited reimbursement for work related books
- Fast paced work environment geared towards professional growth
Carta makes it simple for companies of all stages to turn employees into owners. As an SEC-registered transfer agent, we help companies issue, value, and transfer securities. Our powerful reporting and administrative tools keep you in compliance with the latest SEC and IRS regulations.