Enzyme is hiring a Director/VP of Engineering (title dependent on experience) to lead and manage its technical team and to work with the founders to determine not only product roadmap but the overall direction of the company.
The Director/VP Engineering will:
Set the technology strategy:
- Drive the right technology choices (e.g. languages, libraries, frameworks)
- Lay out the technology architecture for both immediate and long term
- Take appropriate risks for technical debt and defines the strategy for paying it down
- Deliver technology capability that gives Enzyme a competitive edge in data collection
Own the engineering function and manage the engineering team:
- Own the code base and ultimately be the lead developer until the team scales
- Work with the founders to recruit new team members
- Put in place the right processes for personnel development and training
- Be responsible for retaining and motivating talent
Provide technical input into our product roadmap:
- Define the technical and resource needs for product goals
- Work with and listen to customers to drive customer success
- Be excited about developing NLP software that mimics a human ‘voice’ when creating documentation
Successful candidates will have experience managing engineers in a startup environment and a desire to work in startups, and will have at least 5 years experience shipping production software at scale. Preference will be given to developers with experience in our stack (Rails + Ember), and experience working within life science or another regulated industry.
Imagine a world in which every new piece of medical technology -- every new chemo drug, pacemaker, Alzheimer’s therapy -- gets in the hands of patients 30% faster. That’s the world we’re building. And we’re looking for people who are motivated by the idea of being a force multiplier across an industry, and thus having a small hand in every new exciting technology being developed over the next 10 years.
The position will be based in San Francisco, CA. Salary and equity grant will be commensurate with experience.
Think TurboTax, but for FDA.
We’re building a software platform to handle the compliance aspects of running a drug or medical device company. Compliance is an ongoing activity for companies in this space, and annual costs per company range anywhere from $100K to $100M. Being deemed not compliant can be devastating, preventing a company from selling any new product for months and sometimes years.
In lieu of hiring costly consultants or employees to address this problem, customers provide our platform access to their data, and the platform outputs documentation in the manner that FDA and other regulatory agencies are looking for.
By using our software platform, customers will cut their annual regulatory costs by 50% (on average) and reduce the risk that their products will not get approved for sale.