Engine is a Chrome Extension for Gmail that allows users to answer their emails with ease. By linking together the different data streams of emails, documents, texts, contacts, calendars and social networks, the Engine program can automate everyday tasks, for example answering emails without having to dig through your documents or email history to find the information the email is requesting.
The core of the technology has developed into software and API's:
1. For aggregation, search, and contextual presentation for messages.
2. For aggregation, search, and contextual presentation for contact information.
3. For aggregation, detection and contextual presentation for events.
4. For processing of automated actions in response to extracted information triggers.
Find out more at www.Engine.co
At Engine we are pioneering "Linked Data" into the realm of personal emails, documents, texts and social networks.
Engine uses natural language processing, machine learning, and graph databases to build a "graph of graphs" for each user. Finding the links between a users data we can use our "ranking algorithm" called "Data Rank" to present the most relevant information to a user.
David Johnston and Chris Orem have worked together for the better part of the last decade developing new technology in the web / software and biotech space. Curtis Lacy joined as a founder of Engine in early 2012 after meeting David Johnston on Angel List. The team has worked closely together the since 2011 to bring together the brightest minds available in data science, machine learning, natural language processing. David serves as the CEO, Chris as the VP of Bus Dev and Curtis as VP of Tech.
The Engine team is pursuing this particular idea of solving "information overload" because it is clear to us there are simply too many emails, texts, notifications, apps and other forms of data to keep track of manually. Therefore it is time to develop an automated way to mine a users data for what is most relevant and important based on what the user is working on. Our Chrome Extension for Gmail is the first step in this vision.
- Experience at KPMG with microsoft
- Chris Orem was VP of business development at Aquatic Energy 2007 to 2011 a biotechnology company. Led business and administrative teams. Managed financial models, maintained critical legal and IP files, developed company budgets, and coordinated with the CEO daily on investor relations and corporate planning. Managed strategic, academic, and political relationships. Served as the secretary to the Board of Directors.
- Worked 10 years at Raytheon building futuristic data systems
- Curtis Lacy Senior Software Engineer at Raytheon Solipsys Service Engineering Specialist at Siemens Building Technologies Extensive experience with large-scale Java development. Proficient at adapting existing products to meet changing requirements. Experience participating in and directing all aspects of the software lifecycle, from requirements development, through development and testing, to support of released software.
- Founded and exited an online literature publishing company at age 16.
- Founded and exited later sold an online investment bank in 2006 - 2007.
- Founded the exited largest biodiesel plant in Maryland after raising $5.9 Million in December 2006.
- Founded a biotech company (Aquatic Energy) in 2007 and sold in 2011 after raising $12 Million in direct equity and in kind investments.
Active UsersSeptember 2013
11% growth mon/monAugust 2013
10% growth mon/monJuly 2013
12% growth mon/monJune 2013
9% growth mon/monMay 2013
9% growth mon/mon
Daily Completed ActionsOctober 2013
15,004 per mon
1,522% growth mon/monSeptember 2013
925 per mon
417% growth mon/monAugust 2013
15% growth mon/mon
Investment Round Opened:
With all this progress the team is eager accelerate the work on the Engine program. To make this possible Engine has opened an Investment Offer to private investors. For the Alpha / Beta period the team is raising $500,000 and offering in exchange 167 shares of stock in Engine Inc each valued at $3,000.
Engine will be sending out the investor paperwork to all interested investors. Message http://angel.co/david-johnston or email David@Engine.co if you would like to be added to the list and get a copy of the investor paperwork.