Eliq is a young, dynamic Swedish tech company specialising in the analysis and visualisation of energy data.
Our aim is twofold: to reduce energy waste by helping households understand their consumption, and through this, assist energy suppliers engage with their customers with real-time information and personalised communications.
Eliq developed the world’s first energy display for in-home use, launched in 2010. To date, over 40,000 products have been sold. Two years later, Eliq offered the first real time energy monitoring IoT solution for mobile (that contain social media interaction and gamification functions).
Today, Eliq helps tens of thousands of Swedes keep track of their energy consumption by monitoring the electricity meter in real time. In 2016, we brought our energy engagement solution to the utility industry, enabling them to digitally engage their customers at a new level. 73% of our current users are active on our platform, spending an average of 120 minutes a month.
The UK utilities now requires innovative partners to keep up with changes to respond to the legislations of near real-time monitoring of the energy consumption in every household. There is a great opportunity to use this legislation to create increased end-user benefits, reduced churn and new revenue streams if the utility partner up with the right companies.
We strive to be the chosen partner of progressive utilities to transition from supplying energy as a commodity to providing energy as a service.
This is no ordinary role; to grow our presence in the UK, we are looking for an amazing, dynamic B2B Business Development Manager to drive this process. The role will work closely with the company’s founders and management, reporting directly to the CEO.
You will be evolving our customer relationships and nurturing new ones as well as helping to develop and deliver short and long-term strategies to achieve budgeted revenue growth for the UK region.
• Identify and develop leads to new business
• Define customer needs to position Eliq products and services effectively in UK and ensure revenue target is achieved.
• Develop presentation materials with help from the team
• Manage and help to close business opportunities through direct sales activates with help from the sales team
• Represent Eliq at relevant conferences and tradeshows and ensure proper positioning of the company’s products and services
• Manage regional team members as we grow the team in the UK
• BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
• Highly motivated with a proven track record from sales to or within the utilities sector
• UK utility sector experience is a requirement
• Experience of solution selling
• Direct sales experience, both as an individual contributor and as a sales manager
• Work closely with marketing, developing growth targets and appropriate activities but essential to be able to work independently, based on tasks and goals
• Ability to adjust quickly to a changing environment and to bring significant new ideas to this arena demonstrating flair and imagination
• Confidence and poise to initiate conversations with senior management of prospective customers
• Excellent communication skills in English (other European languages may also be of value)
• This is a national field based role; you will need to have the ability to travel widely, primarily within the UK, and at short notice as required to fulfil the job role.
• London head office to attend meetings with prospects, colleagues and manager.
• You’re highly ambitious and socially adept, as well as process-driven, goal oriented and have the ability to run parallel projects at the same time.
• You are probably frustrated being part of a large business with little head-room and too much office-politics!
• You have experience, ambition and talent
• You are seeking the opportunity to be able to directly engage with senior-level customers and our business hierarchy
• You relish the prospect of dealing directly with decision makers and influencers,
• You want to be able to make an impact and not have your ideas filtered through multiple layers of bureaucracy
• You are driven by a desire for personal fulfillment; you want to make a difference!
Attractive basic salary, plus results based incentive; paid holidays, pension and expenses
The position will start ASAP.
Submit your covering letter and a link to your Linkedin profile to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date 2nd December 2017.
Our product allows consumers understand and manage their energy use in a convenient and effective manner, rendering substantial savings for both the household economy and the environment.
We partner with energy suppliers to deliver our IoT and machine-learning technology as part of the energy supplier's user experience.
In 2017 Eliq redefines the gold standard for energy monitoring products, by winning the international award for Best Energy Monitoring Solution.