Brooklyn-based Dollaride empowers every-day people to overcome the challenges of living in transit deserts by using "dollar vans." The company's ride-sharing technology makes this private network of vans accessible to more passengers & neighborhoods who struggle with weak public transit options.
At Dollaride, we're building a ride-sharing platform (mobile & web) that will allow drivers, passengers and operators (the dispatcher) to participate in commuter van service.
Commuter vans (aka "dollar vans") represent an integral, though hidden, transportation network in NYC. Our technology simplifies how anyone can find a "dollar van" and pay their fare right from their mobile phone.
We're looking for Full-stack engineers at Dollaride to own the full lifecycle of building web & mobile applications, from system design to deployment.
Design, build, test, deliver, and operate applications using the React.js & React Native frameworks, and use Node.js for server-side logic.
You'll immediately have the opportunity to participate in technical decision-making, helping to bring our technology stack into the future, and adding new technologies and frameworks when pragmatic and appropriate.
As an engineer, you'll join our growing remote tech team and work side-by-side with our technical founder, who is also an experienced engineer.
What to expect:
- short, daily standup meetings
- open team-wide communications in Slack
- weekly product demos & feedback sessions
- we follow agile software development methodology
- TDD (soon)
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (soon)
Technologies we're using:
- React Native & React.js
- Amazon Web Services
- iOS & Android
- 4+ years of mobile & web development experience
- significant experience developing and bringing mobile apps to market
- good communication skills (proficient in English)
- proficient with JS frameworks (React.js/ React Native is preferred)
- reliable and responsible
- necessary hardware: smartphone (iOS and/or Android phone)
- professional experience using Git
- ability to learn quickly and work independently
This is a 3 month contract, but will be extended for add'l 6 months if both parties mutually agree to continue the relationship.
Dollaride is a technology provider of ride sharing apps to drivers and passengers who enjoy commuter van service in New York City.