Esports is a massively growing market and DOJO is perfectly positioned to capitalize on that growth. We're a no bullshit team that gets things done and more than anything else wants to build a product that solves real problems Esports players face every day.
We are looking for a Director of Technology to provide sound technical and general leadership in all aspects of our business. The company will be a newly-founded joint-venture of Dojo Madness GmbH and one of the biggest sports data provider in the market and will be operating in the world of esports-betting. We will start with around ten employees and a seven-figure yearly budget and will ramp up very quickly to around 50 employees by the end of the second year.
Together with the Managing Director, you will be responsible for managing the growth process, i.e. hiring and building the tech teams, giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
The ideal candidate will have a business mindset, a solid understanding of financials and the betting market and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings.
The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Build and develop a structure as well as a management layer for various teams in a primarily tech-driven company
- Prioritise ressource-conflicting targets and allocate resources to maximise the company’s chance of achieving the strategic goals
- Understand the math and technologies used in conjunction with the betting market
- Manage and develop a data-driven development process and drive data procurement
- Manage and develop tech-driven product ideas surrounding esports-betting products
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance and fulfill client SLAs
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
- Proven managerial experience in a tech leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving attitude and aptitude
- Good mathematical understanding, including basic data science
- Degree in Math, Sciences, Computer Science or Engineering
DOJO Madness harnesses the power of big data to build tools and services that help players and fans to understand and master their favorite esports games.
DOJO’s first line of products, the SUMO apps, are virtual coaching apps for League of Legends, Dota 2, and Overwatch. Apps include LOLSUMO, which provides personalized guidance and actionable insights and is the top rated real-time coaching app for League of Legends on both the App Store and Google Play, as well as OVERSUMO and DOTASUMO, which help players master popular esports titles Overwatch and Dota 2. DOJO recently acquired coaching marketplace, Leaguecoaching.gg, adding a human coaching layer to their product offerings.
In addition to its coaching apps, DOJO Madness offers a B2B data service and a separate SaaS platform that provides analytics and data visualizations for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), League of Legends, and Dota 2 professional teams and broadcasters.