Esports is a massively growing market and DOJO is perfectly positioned to capitalize on that growth. We're a no bullshit team that gets things done and more than anything else wants to build a product that solves real problems Esports players face every day.
We are looking for an experienced Managing Director to supervise and control all strategic and business aspects of the company. The company will be a newly-founded joint-venture of Dojo Madness GmbH and one of the biggest sports data provider in the market and will be operating in the world of esports-betting. We will start with around ten employees and a seven-figure yearly budget and will ramp up very quickly to around 50 employees by the end of the second year.
Together with the Director of Technology, you will be responsible for managing the growth process, i.e. hiring and building the non-tech-teams, giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
The ideal candidate will have a business mindset, a solid understanding of financials and the betting market and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings.
The goal is to drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success.
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Build, lead and motivate a management layer of legal, financial, trading and business-development managers
- Negotiate data acquisition deals as well as big structural deals in line with the strategic direction of the company
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Oversee non-tech operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the clients, markets and industry of the company
- Proven managerial experience in leading organizations of greater then 30 staff
- Very high level of ambition
- Experience in developing vision and successful strategies as well as their implementation
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as finance, r&d, operations, legal, HR etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Degree in business administration or relevant field preferred
DOJO Madness harnesses the power of big data to build tools and services that help players and fans to understand and master their favorite esports games.
DOJO’s first line of products, the SUMO apps, are virtual coaching apps for League of Legends, Dota 2, and Overwatch. Apps include LOLSUMO, which provides personalized guidance and actionable insights and is the top rated real-time coaching app for League of Legends on both the App Store and Google Play, as well as OVERSUMO and DOTASUMO, which help players master esports titles Overwatch and Dota 2. DOJO recently acquired coaching marketplace, Leaguecoaching.gg, adding a human coaching layer to their product offerings.
In addition to its coaching apps, DOJO Madness offers a B2B data service and a separate SaaS platform that provides analytics and data visualizations for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO), League of Legends, and Dota 2 professional teams and broadcasters.