At DIRT, we believe that high quality, trusted data should be free available for all. We create a set of rules that allow collaboration on data and maintain accuracy by rewarding moderators. Join us to build the Wikipedia for trusted data.
We are seeking full stack engineers who wants to apply what they already know about full stack development to blockchain. We recognize that the blockchain space is early, so we're seeking strong backend developers who want ramp up quickly on blockchains, smart contracts, and cryptocurrencies.
DIRT is supported by Greylock, General Catalyst, SV Angel, Fred Ehrsam, etc. Join a strong founding team with meaningful stake. You will grow and learn more here than anywhere else.
Mountain View, CA
1. Our stack includes Solidity (protocol deployed as smart contracts on Ethereum), Typescript (developer libraries that interact with smart contracts), NodeJS + React (web apps for users).
2. Architect high level protocol designs. Build, test, and optimize protocol features.
3. Develop APIs to be consumed by web, mobile, and command line clients.
Work with a high degree of autonomy on a small engineering team.
We have a long list of engineering challenges. Here are a few we want you to tackle:
1. Designing for upgradeability - Once deployed, Ethereum smart contracts cannot be changed. We have designed our protocol to individually replace smart contracts without upgrading the entire system. How else can we future proof our contracts?
2. Designing for security - Our smart contracts control tokens with a real economic value. Smart contract vulnerabilities can lead to irreversible loss of funds. We are developing a robust testing infrastructure, and deployment process to guard against these mistakes. Identifying automated and human means to building a secure protocol will be critical.
3. Designing for integration - Our first customers are developers and few developers have experience with Solidity. We need to make it easy for existing applications to integrate DIRT datasets without requiring developers to have blockchain or solidity experience.
Skills / Experience:
1. B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or 4+ years software development experience
2. Experience architecting systems from scratch, and designing API interfaces
Experience automating repeated tasks and building comprehensive test coverage
1. Fast learner who can adapt to a rapidly changing tech stack. We recognize that no one has 10+ years of experience in blockchain. While there is plenty of room to learn on the job, any experience with blockchain or smart contract development would also be a plus.
2. Expertise in a relevant CS area like cryptography, networking, or distributed systems would be a major plus.
Join DIRT and have a front row seat in building the data layer for the decentralized ecosystem. Apply here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DIRT is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
DIRT is a protocol for trusted data. Our mission is to build the Wikipedia for structured data, and make it freely accessible. Today, we depend on a few gatekeepers for reliable data. This system falls apart if the sources are reliable or have an incentive to lie. Rather that trusting the source for the information, DIRT defines a set of rules that incentivize honesty and make it economically irrational for misinformation to persist.
Founded this year by Stanford and Y Combinator alumni who sold her last company to MSFT. DIRT raised $3M from Greylock, General Catalyst, SV Angel, Lightspeed, Pantera, etc. Join a small, agile, and experienced team with three YC alumni to build the data layer for the blockchain.