• Analyzes and summarizes legislation proposed in Congress for its impact on the Latino Community and recommends lobbying positions accordingly. • Drafts advocacy letters...more on behalf of MALDEF and the coalition-based National Hispanic Leadership Agenda to be circulated to all members of Congress. • Attends and reports on legislative hearings and civil rights community meetings to staff attorneys. • Develops public awareness campaigns on various issues of importance in Latino politics.
Outreach and Development Intern
2016 - 2017 (over 1 year)
• Recruits new volunteers from community to support efforts at St. Vincent’s soup kitchen and food pantry. • Fundraises and holds donation drives to increase resources...more available for the organization’s social services.
Civic Engagement Fellow - Allbritton Center for the Study of Public Life
2017 - 2018 (9 months)
• Manages communications, publicity, and social media for Centers for Community Partnerships and Social Entrepreneurship. • Advises, trains, and supports students, faculty,...more and staff in developing or becoming involved in service initiatives. • Organizes and grows the University’s civic engagement network by planning community events, workshops, and meetings. • Collects and reports on data related to institutional civic engagement activities.
Senior Interviewer and Application Reader - Office of Admission
2017 - 2018 (10 months)
• Plans, structures, and conducts holistically evaluative interviews with applicants to the University. • Leads information sessions requiring expansive knowledge of administrative,...more academic, extracurricular, and social affairs throughout the University along with a Dean of Admission. • Evaluates applications to the University and provides a recommendation to admit, waitlist, or deny students.
Front Desk Assistant - Office of Admission
2015 - 2017 (almost 2 years)
• Processes registrations and appointments for tours, information sessions, and interviews at the University. • Manages reception desk, greeting visitors, providing vital...more information, and fielding communication for staff throughout the office.
Spanish Language Teaching Assistant - Romance Languages Department
2016 - 2017 (9 months)
• Prepares lessons and discussions to support language acquisition for intermediate-level Spanish learners.
Community Advisor - Office of Residential Life
2016 - 2017 (9 months)
• Coordinates community development, education, and programming in upperclassman housing. • Plans and budgets for social and goal-focused learning events. • Acts as...more an academically, personally, and socially supportive resource to over 300 students.