Designlab is looking for a community support specialist to join our team and help drive the community support experience forward.
This is a full-time, remote position. Our team is fully distributed.
// ABOUT DESIGNLAB //
We’re a platform for mentor-led, online design education with a focus on quality and outcomes. Since our launch in 2014:
• Thousands of students around the world have taken our highly-rated online courses, rated #1 Best Design Course by Switchup.org in 2017
• Hundreds of mentors have joined the platform, from companies like Airbnb, Google, Pinterest, and more
• Hundreds of our alumni have had successful hiring outcomes, landing roles at places like Facebook, IBM, Sony, Adidas, and many more
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love. Read more on our About page: http://trydesignlab.com/about/.
// RESPONSIBILITIES //
• Work with Director of Operations and Operations team to develop strategy for community support
• Drive forward community support initiatives; pioneer new processes and systems
• Serve as liaison between community and Designlab team to make improvements to product and communication
• Handle incoming phone and email requests from community members professionally, empathetically, and promptly
• Fulfill community member needs; educate community members to prevent need for future contacts
• Serve as an ambassador for the Designlab brand in all communications and interactions
• Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact community experience
// REQUIREMENTS //
• 2-3 years customer service experience
• Experience with Zendesk
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
• Enthusiasm for learning new skills and creative problem-solving
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment / previous experience in a startup
• Demonstrated passion for excellence
• Pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude
• Excited about working on the future of design and creative education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
Designlab is an online platform for expert-driven creative education. Students learn design skills through online courses with hands-on projects, live 1-on-1 mentorship from top designers, and community interaction.
We offer 2 types of courses: 1) 4-week part-time courses helping students learn basic design skills (topics like Interaction Design, UX Research, UI Design, etc.), and 2) an intensive 3 or 6-month course called UX Academy that trains students for full-time UX design roles.
As we scale, we plan to 3-5x our lineup of short courses, add more advanced "bootcamp"-style courses, roll out standalone subscription mentorship products, and release new content types like expert-created video workshops. We're building a robust ecosystem of rigorous content to help people continually level up skills throughout their careers.
As we grow, we can partner with companies in multiple ways: recruiting (connecting our students & mentors for FT/PT work opportunities); team training; and more.