• Classified companies into industries w/ ML & improved signal extraction from the news • Built full backend-to-frontend pipeline to integrate data from NLP / ML...more processes • Created backend and frontend of queuing system to assign data correction work to auditors • Improved company-to-company matching algorithm by utilizing high precision patterns • Wrote scripts to provision standalone & autoscaling servers, upgraded servers to Ubuntu 16
Full Stack Software Engineer
2017 - 2019 (almost 2 years)
Principal Data Scientist
2016 - 2017 (about 1 year)
• Obtained, cleaned, aggregated, transformed raw data (Python, Java) • Conformed to and created new data types for database storage (Elasticsearch) • Performed statistical...more analyses: Clustering, Topological Analysis, Markov Chains (Python, R) • Designed interactive visualizations, created & maintained live dashboards (d3, Kibana) • Offered quantitative insights/analyses to the business development and marketing teams
Data Scientist - Engineering Intern
2014 (3 months)
• Built a Measurement & Verification tool (R) to gauge energy impact of efficiency projects • Made predictive models w/ factor analysis, multiple regression &...more stepwise AIC (forecasting) • Checked models using bootstrapping (autocorrelation) & cross validation (over-fitting) • Presented final results numerically and graphically with confidence intervals • Helped implement processes to identify and assess new energy efficiency measures
• Did Multiple Correspondence Analysis on mobile messaging apps to rank/evaluate them (R) • Delivered key project and presentation on Samsung’s role in the future of...more messaging • Met with and assessed several software start-ups for partnerships with Samsung • Worked with talent acquisition to screen resumes for Partnerships and Investments positions.
• Built a profitability calculator for electric plans using natural gas prices & energy use • Wrote new marketing messages for the iThermostat to refine its marketing...more campaign • Created web layouts for solar and wind energy campaigns with partner SolarCity
Wrote, designed and self-published this book of poems.
Author, Designer, Editor, Data Visualization, Blurb Book Designer · This book tells a story of San Francisco through three lenses: nature, technology… · More and humanity. Escalating and fading throughout, these themes pursue a common aim of revival, a goal they never fully attain.
Author, Designer, Editor, Data Visualization, Blurb Book Designer · Find In a Word by David Newcomb at Blurb Books. A poetic trip through dream worlds,… · More real worlds, mathematics and music. This book is an introspection that examin...
I want to work for a company with a clear mission to do social good that is involved in clean tech, energy efficiency or environmental justice. I want to be part of a team with a collaborative culture. I love machine learning, devOps and backend work, and want to advance my frontend skills to match.