ABOUT THE COMPANY
CustomMade was founded with a simple, but ambitious mission: make the old-world luxury of a custom jeweler accessible to the modern consumer. Jewelry is deeply personal. We believe it should be as unique as the moments, people, and memories that inspire it. Customer ideas and style are the inspiration for every piece we design. Our concierge experience is tied together by an underlying technology expertise and a sleek online experience.
We have a proven business model and are in the midst of rapid growth (>150% annually). We need your help scaling our operations and continuing to raise the bar for quality
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is a great opportunity to build hands-on business experience by joining the operations team of a fast-growing startup. You’ll quickly take on mission-critical ownership and have direct access to our management team.
At CustomMade we guide jewelry customers from their initial idea, through design, to a finished piece delivered to their door. As Operations Coordinator, you’ll serve as the day-to-day point of contact for our design process. When our front line project managers and designers escalate tricky situations, you’ll step in to solve the problem and deliver a great experience for customers. You’ll also ensure that each custom design meets our quality standards and manufacturing tolerances.
From your central role in our operations, you’ll coordinate with project managers, CAD designers, bench jewelers, and customers. You’ll report to our Operations Manager. Being successful will require a unique blend of communication skills, organizational sense, and sound judgment. You’ll need to be a quick learner, but previous jewelry experience isn’t required.
- Serve as the primary escalation point for design issues, resolving problems raised by our Design Leads and CAD Designers
- Conduct a preliminary review of our 3D models, ensuring that we put our best foot forward with the initial design
- Conduct final reviews on all projects, confirming that the design meets manufacturing tolerances and quality standards
- Interface with our manufacturing team to resolve issues during production
- Manage performance standards and feedback for our CAD Designers
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- A track record of high-achievement and increasing responsibility
- Good judgment, comfortable making decisions in the absence of perfect information
- Adaptable, adjusts quickly to changing priorities and situations
- Excited about digging into the day to day tasks that keep a startup running (working directly with customers, shipping rush items, etc.)
- A high standard for customer service and product quality
- Excellent written communication
- Effective organization and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- Personal interest in high-quality jewelry preferred
CustomMade is an online jewelry retailer that provides a unique high-end, high-touch experience for creating the perfect engagement ring (among other types of bridal and fine jewelry).
Rather than serving up endless pages of products like typical eCommerce, we get to know each and every one of our customers individually, and help guide them to a ring that’s the perfect combination of style, value, and quality. We’re accomplishing this with a combination of interactive experiences, one-on-one consultations, personalized artwork and designs, tons of jewelry expertise, and a desire to make each individual customer (regardless of their budget) feel like they’re getting the devoted attention of a high-end, expert jeweler.