CupClub™ is an innovative returnable packaging service for drinks that utilizes RFID technology to provide complete supply chain traceability, helping retailers reduce single-use plastic packaging through trackable products and an in-built loyalty scheme.
Title: Marketing & Communications Manager
Salary - £22K (annual)
Initially part-time (2 days a week)
Location - 99 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4LG
Start date - Dec
Applications - CV and short cover note
Write to: Safia Qureshi, firstname.lastname@example.org
Timing - Applications close 31 Nov 2018
We’re on a mission to eliminate all single-use food packaging for a more sustainable future. We’re starting by tackling disposable coffee cups, by providing a returnable packaging service for drinks to brands, retailers and businesses.
We are looking for an experienced and commercially minded Chief Operating Officer with a passion for making the world a better place. The role is to build, lead and manage the delivery of returnable food packaging (starting with CupClub™ designed and manufactured cups, lids and cases) for some of the worlds biggest food and beverage businesses. You’ll need to be the perfect mix of commercial, operational, technical, practical and personable.
We’ve had some attention from the press already since our industry launch in April 2018. Check out : City A.M, BBC, Sky, Y-Food, Dezeen, Design Week, Core77, Disrupt Innovation Festival, Dwell, Design Indaba and Ogilvy.
You’ll be given the freedom to make decisions and you’ll be empowered to design and implement effective and efficient systems. You’ll receive the support and the opportunity to learn from those around you. We are currently a growing team of eight plus a wide network of contractors with specialist skills. We fund a monthly team outing where we check out one of the capital’s cultural highlights around the topic of food/packaging/sustainability/tech.
One of the key reasons for working here is that you get to work with some of the most important sustainability driven clients in the world. Happy clients and ongoing relationships are our most important indicator of success, and the cornerstone of our business. Our clients include Waitrose & Partners, John Lewis & Partners and Cushman & Wakefield. Our client leads range all the way from the largest drinks brands through to catering companies, corporates, and high street cafes owners.
• Scoping and mapping out a communications strategy
• Being a highly motivated and energetic public voice for the company across both online and offline
• Helping to develop content, organise and publicise industry-leading events, maintain social media and online channels and convert the ground-breaking work we do into easily digestible, media-friendly publications
• Coordinating and liaising with our communications partner R/GA, a world-leading branding and communications agency
• Monitoring progress and effectiveness; ensuring that we work within timelines and budgets
• Looking out for areas of best practice we can adopt, liaising with others and making that happen
• Being an active participant in the Cupclub team: being an enthusiastic advocate of our ethos and engaging in activities
• Recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the team
• Highly organised and methodical with a meticulous eye for detail
• Ability to manage and effectively prioritise multiple tasks
• A problem solver who remains calm under pressure
• Self-starter with a desire to constantly improve and develop, and to help others do the same
• Enthusiastic about our company mission for sustainable development
• Attention to small details that contribute to the bigger picture
• Experience in media, communications and press
• Knowledge and experience of working in the food and beverage, packaging or last mile delivery
Cup Club enables brands to reduce packaging waste by up to 40% by delivering trackable packaging-as-a-service.