Title: Technical Product Manager
Salary - £35K
Share Options for full-time employees
Location - 99 Clifton Street, London, EC2A 4LG
Start date - April
Applications - CV and short cover note
Write to: Safia Qureshi, email@example.com
Timing - Applications close 6th April 2018
We’re on a mission to eliminate all single use plastics for a more sustainable future. We’re starting by tackling disposable coffee cups, by providing a reusable digital coffee cup service for businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Product Manager with a passion for making the world a better place. The role is to build, lead and manage the product vision, create a roadmap and bring to life returnable food packaging (starting with cups and lids) for some of the UK’s biggest food and beverage businesses. You’ll need to be the perfect mix of technical, creative, practical and personable.
We’ve had some attention from the press already. Check out : BBC, Sky, Y-Food, Design Week, Core77, Disrupt Innovation Festival, Dwell, Design Indaba and Ogilvy.
You’ll be given the freedom to make decisions and you’ll be empowered to design and implement effective and efficient systems. You’ll receive the support and the opportunity to learn from those around you. We are currently a growing team of four plus a wide network of contractors with specialist skills. We fund a monthly team outing where we check out one of the capital’s cultural highlights.
Our (soon to be) clients
One of the key reasons for working here is that you get to work with some of the most important sustainability driven clients in the UK. Happy clients and ongoing relationships are our most important indicator of success, and the cornerstone of our business. We can’t publically name our soon-to-be clients just yet. So far they range all the way from high street coffee brands through to policy and government bodies.
• Working across the business to ensure seamless integration of hardware and software
• Work across both design and technical teams to translate the needs of our clients
• Understanding of UX and UI to demonstrate knowledge of how people will interact with the product and service
• Negotiating and establishing budgets and ensuring that they are agreed and met
• Ability to map out user journeys
• Scoping and mapping out the technical requirements of new features
• Developing a feedback loop with clients and reviewing this with the team
• Overseeing and encouraging dialogue between developers and designers to ensure a clear shared understanding
• Allocating resources of people and time, and monitoring progress and effectiveness
• Being an active participant in the Cupclub team: being an enthusiastic advocate of our ethos and engaging in activities
• Recognising, respecting and promoting the different roles and diversity of the individuals within the team
• Highly organised and methodical with a meticulous eye for detail
• Ability to manage and effectively prioritise multiple tasks
• A problem solver who remains calm under pressure
• Self-starter with a desire to constantly improve and develop, and to help others do the same
• Enthusiastic about our company mission for sustainable development
• Attention to small details that contribute to the bigger picture
• Experience in managing multi disciplinary team members
• Knowledge and experience of working in the food and beverage, packaging or last mile delivery
Cup Club enables brands to reduce packaging waste by up to 40% by delivering trackable packaging-as-a-service.