Crunchbase is the premier destination for discovering industry trends, investments, and news about hundreds of thousands of companies globally. From startups to Fortune 500s, Crunchbase is recognized as the primary source of company intelligence by millions of users globally.
Business Development Manager, Syndication
You think you know Crunchbase, but what you don’t know is that we’re more than just a dataset of companies. Crunchbase is the go-to destination to find businesses to sell to, market to, research, work for, invest in, and buy from. We’re capitalizing on this to become the single place to find information on the world’s businesses, and business development is a key component of our strategy.
The Crunchbase Business Development team is on the hunt for a Business Development Manager to develop greenfield partnerships that further solidify Crunchbase as the single source of truth for company information. The ideal candidate will be an articulate, creative business leader experienced with sourcing, evaluating, and negotiating partnerships that proliferate data and embed products into some of the most well-known companies in the world.
Business Development at Crunchbase:
The Crunchbase Business Development team is responsible for developing partnerships that accelerate Crunchbase’s business. This includes driving usage and adoption of our entire product line, developing product enabling partnerships to expand our platform, and increasing Crunchbase revenue.
As a Crunchbase Business Development Manager, you will:
• Define our syndication and reseller partner strategy with organizations throughout the media and technology industry
• Source, structure, negotiate, and implement effective business development agreements that drive traffic, product adoption, and revenue to the Crunchbase business
• Take an industry-wide view and identify obstacles and opportunities for adoption into our syndication strategy, providing visibility and direction to internal leadership
• Lead quarterly business reviews with partners and offer a strategic and analytical perspective of the partnership, identifying areas for improvement and growth
• Identify, develop and maintain business relationships with partners and gain exposure to partners’ business initiatives to positively impact platform ecosystem
• Forecast and report business growth and other key metrics, track actual progress toward forecasts, drive new business opportunities and ensure the prompt and proper resolution of business issues with partners
• Represent partners internally and externally to convey requirements, strengthen relationships, and work to ensure a mutually beneficial partnership
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to align on deliverables, milestones, and timeline execution
• Bachelor's degree; graduate degree preferred
• At least 4 years of experience in business development at a technology or media company
• Experience working effectively and cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
• Ability to work effectively within a team, comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities to achieve strategic goals
• Ability to interpret legal documents and work with attorneys to complete agreements
• Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills, and a high level of emotional intelligence with the ability to comfortably interact with partners and executive management
What Crunchbase offers:
• Competitive salary and equity
• A team of creative, transparent entrepreneurs driven to accomplish our mission
• Daily catered lunches and plenty of snacks
• Fitness reimbursement (to work off the catered lunches)
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) -- we don't track vacation days
• Incredible medical, vision and dental benefits for employees and their families
• 10 weeks fully paid parental leave for all new parents
• 401(k) and Roth plans, and free annual financial adviser check-in
• Free One Medical Group membership for employees and their families
• Monthly commuting stipend
• Free Lyft rides anywhere in the Bay Area after late nights at the office
• Prime location in the Financial District of SF, near BART and Muni stops
• Company and team offsites, retreats, events and happy hours
Crunchbase does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
Every day our team is honored to work with entrepreneurs and innovators from every corner of the globe, and we aim to build a team that reflects the diversity of our customers. Each individual at Crunchbase brings their own perspectives, work experiences, lifestyles, and cultures with them, and we believe that a more diverse team creates more innovative products, provides a better service to its customers, and helps us all grow and learn as individuals.
Crunchbase is the destination for discovering industry trends, investments, and news about hundreds of thousands of public and private companies globally. From startups to Fortune 500s, Crunchbase provides a business information platform that pairs powerful tools and applications to stay competitive and successful.