Help independent creators make a living doing what they love! Every year, millions of customers use Creative Market to bring their creative projects to life with ready-to-use design content from independent creators around the world. Join the team to help us build the world's marketplace for design, and your work will impact millions every month.
As the Director of Performance Marketing, you will be responsible for establishing and leading key strategic efforts within a focused, cross-functional, data-driven unit at Creative Market. You will work on both Creative Market and Creative Market Pro, and your efforts will directly help creators around the world turn their passion into opportunity.
As the Director of Performance Marketing, you are the embodiment of the purpose of this team’s mission, and this purpose should be reflected it in all aspects of your work. Our mission:
To become experts of our product, shops, affiliates, customers, and channels. This expertise will ensure that we act on the most significant problems and opportunities, ultimately impacting how many people are buying and selling on Creative Market to the highest degree.
Drive Long-Term Impact
Bias Toward Action
Respect Thy User
Areas You Will Own
* Manage, lead, and continue to build a team and long-term roadmap to serve Creative Market and Creative Market Pro.
* Develop, execute, and measure performance marketing roadmaps and initiatives inclusive of paid acquisition, lead generation and nurturing, content marketing, digital partnerships, affiliate marketing, social, etc.
* Manage a budget and maximize ROI on marketing spend cross paid social, paid search, display, offline, affiliate, native, remarketing, and other paid media channels.
* Collaborate with the broader marketing team on attribution models, analytics, audience segmentation, email, messaging, promotions, and retention strategies.
* Collaborate with Growth and Product teams to inform the development and optimization of landing page experiences, aligned with media channels and audience segments.
* Create repeatable lead nurturing/drip programs to move various customer segments through their journey.
* Develop and evolve creative assets with in-house marketing, brand, product, and creative teams to drive member acquisition, mapping channels and content to each stage of the user acquisition funnel.
* Manage tightly defined CAC and growth targets, with daily, weekly, and monthly reporting against KPIs.
* Hire, train and mentor an extraordinary, high performing team to achieve best-in-class success and business results.
* 5+ years of performance marketing experience.
* You have experience managing and leading marketing teams to achieve audacious goals.
* You have significant hands-on experience in executing a digital marketing strategy.
* You possess strong leadership and people management skill.
* You have effectively scaled a monthly budget of at least $200K.
* You have experience recruiting, managing, and retaining high-performing marketing teams. You have the desire to teach and coach your team so they reach their full potential.
* You know how to leverage a deep understanding of target customers to guide marketing activities.
* You exercise a strong data-centric approach to improve future marketing campaigns and results. You can balance exceptional analytical capabilities and a data-driven mindset with creativity.
* You have a demonstrated history of being a team player, and have the desire to jump in and get your hands dirty as needed.
* You have strong knowledge of marketing analytics, online marketing, marketing automation, predictive marketing tools, marketing research, content marketing, lead generation, marketing attribution, and affiliate programs.
* Experience working in a marketplace, e-commerce business, and/or B2B self-service SaaS.
* Experience working at a high-growth startup.
* Experience working in or selling to creative agencies or designers.
* Competitive compensation
* Meaningful equity
* 401(k) plan
* Medical, dental, and vision benefits
* Generous paid time off
* New workstation
* Company-wide vacation from Christmas Eve to New Year's Day
* Dog-friendly office
Location: San Francisco strongly office preferred. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered in California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, New York, and North Carolina.
Creative Market is building the world’s marketplace for design, to help everyone bring their creative projects to life. We've quickly grown to 26k+ independent creators selling 2 million+ pre-made digital assets (like fonts, graphics, photos and more) to a community of 4.5 million+ members, helping them complete creative projects ranging from custom wedding invitations to national marketing campaigns.