I am an engineer, manager, and architect. I’ve built products, services and teams for the past decade. We made mobile games, payment products, virtual economies and subscriptions at small startups and large companies.
I recently ran a small software consulting business.
I led a team to the fastest acquisition-to-production-launch at an enterprise company; our startup team was acquired and within 9 months we integrated and launched our platform as part of a larger business project.
I contributed to multi-domain architecture decisions and discussions that spanned different engineering organizations and projects within an enterprise company.
I navigated thought-silos and built trust and collaboration between product-engineering and reliability-engineering groups at a 30-year old software company.
I became the first core-platform engineering manager at a payments startup; I grew the development team from 4 to 8 engineers using a hybrid remote-work model.
I was a core platform engineer for a virtual economy and payments startup, involved in development, management, and two acquisitions (as an acquiree).
I successfully worked as an on-premise and remote engineer/manager at two companies, while also having on-premise and remote direct-reports.
We built backend services and mentored early-stage teams:
- Designed and built early-stage software platforms and services (ruby). - Hired the core engineering team...more and leadership members. - Provided technical due diligence reviews for acquisitions (eSports).
We built the next-gen subscription, order and entitlement platform for Autodesk products and cloud services.
- Designed integration between platform and internal cross-service...more notification/eventing mechanism (rabbitmq, kafka). - Supported consumers of cross-service notification mechanism (java). - Created disaster recovery, CI/CD requirements for devops engineers (aws). - Represented entitlement platform in cross-service architecture discussions (data ownership, service integration).
2014 - 2015 (over 1 year)
- Managed and mentored a small team of capable engineers. - Designed background job processing service for entitlement platform (java, jboss, cron). - Designed and...more implement initial AWS deployment of the platform (cf, ec2, rds, s3, elb). - Created initial CI setup (jenkins, aws, pipelines). - Facilitated discussions on how to change the platform data model to fit ADSK business model.
I made sure the software team was happy, productive and shipping. When not doing that, I'm a part of the team and shipped code too.
- Led the hiring of new software...more engineers for the platform team. - Held regular 1-on-1's to promote engineer career growth and listen to work-life problems. - Assumed the role of scrum master for the platform team.
2010 - 2013 (about 3 years)
- Added payment walls to customer's web applications (php). - Implemented Fraud Detection into our purchase flow (java, junit) (accertify). - Implemented a rolling summary...more of users' financial summary (java, oracle, junit). - Created the initial Amazon AWS deployment of our Secure Key Server (php, ec2, rds, elb). - Integrated payment gateways into our payment system (java, ejb, testng). - Implemented version 2 of our HTTP API (java, resteasy, ejb3) - Held Scrum Master role for Engineering Team.
- Implemented an asynchronous email sending service (java, jms, message-driven bean (ejb), testNG). - Implemented purchase rate limiting (java, testNG). - Implemented...more the initial HTTP API to support server-to-server communications between our customers' game servers and our virtual goods platform (java, groovy, grails, resteasy, mysql).
- Redesigned the image server web application to improve performance (java). - Added functionality to legacy logging application that had no available source code. -...more Implemented an application to serve WAP pages for mobile game downloads of NFL Madden 07, Downtown Texas Hold'em, Sudoku. NASCAR07 (java). - Redesigned the SMS service (java, mysql). - Implemented a HTTP API to serve XML for mobile content catalog (java).