Rheo is a brand new social video platform for consumers to enjoy a personalized stream of curated videos that matter to them. Named one of the Best of 2016 by the App Store, our tvOS App was one of the first to bring highly gestural content navigation to the Apple TV. Coming soon to iOS, desktop and mobile web!
At Rheo, we are reimagining what TV can and should be.
Listed by Apple as one of the Best New Apps of 2017, Rheo is the best way to watch, discover and react to great short videos. It’s TV for the swipe generation – curating the best short-form videos into a single personalized stream of video that you can watch or skip. The more they watch, the better Rheo gets at giving users more of the video they love.
Rheo is also a social video platform that allows users to record their own reactions to videos that their friends will see when they watch Rheo. We believe that we can make the world a better place by connecting people with the best content on the internet in an experience that is positive, fun and inherently social.
We are looking for a Product Design Intern to join our product team!
As a Product Design Intern, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next feature of Rheo to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills, and you will have ownership over pieces of the Rheo experience.
• Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for users
• Design flows and experiences that are simple, elegant and delightful to use
• Design motion graphics transitions and TV elements that are innovating and captivating
• Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive teams
• Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality
• Partner with our PMs, engineers and marketers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch (and then some)
• Strong portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
• Experience with motion graphics; should be skilled and have professional experience with After Effects
• Experience or passion building gaming UIs
• Preferred: Experience building television 'Broadcast Packages' or television UIs
• Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision (what we build, not just how it looks)
• Proven ability to execute on visual and interaction details
• Excellent communication skills - you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
• Some experience with front-end programming (you should be able to code up a simple web site and/or an application)
• Graduation dates of Fall 2017, or anytime in: 2018, 2019, or 2020
• You must have a portfolio link
• Interns will be paid $25-35/hr
Online video content is fragmented across providers and sites, and requires lots of navigation and decision-making. Rheo is a brand new social video platform that solves this problem for consumers by delivering a personalized stream of curated videos that matter to them.
Named one of the Best of 2016 by the App Store, our tvOS App was one of the first to bring highly gestural content navigation to the Apple TV.
We are a seed-stage startup based in San Francisco, looking to hire some of our earliest team members.
Rheo is available today on iPhone, Apple TV, desktop web, and mobile web, at http://rheo.tv