Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with the vertical Managing Director to support Product strategy and roadmap definition.
• Oversight and accountability for product sprint planning and prioritisation.
• Define, specify and bring to life new features, functions and services
• Interface with the global business teams to understand the customer and business needs and translate these into high quality user stories working across the product management team.
• Work among the software development team to plan, brief-in and test products
• Work closely with UX and design to ensure high quality prototypes and visual design is created.
• Work with other operational groups, marketing and sales to establish strategies and deliver on those strategies
• Review key site and product conversion metrics on an on-going basis to drive out testing strategy and backlog for execution within the dedicated technology team
• Oversee and manage the launch of new products and features.
• Keep abreast of the competitive landscape to be able to always ensure our products can be taken to the next level.
• Global stakeholder management at all levels, including leading steering committees
• Deputising for the Vertical Managing Director across the whole vertical team when required
• Recruitment, daily management and development of more junior members of the product team.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Familiarity with software technology, web and mobile technology, including experience working with software development agile processes, how software is developed, released, maintained
• Solid understanding of web analytics and commercial acumen
• Solid understanding of usability and product design
• Experience in project management and scheduling software projects through post launch support
• Experience working in cross functional groups to deliver high quality products
• Experience managing a small team
• Excellent communication skills, whether writing, presenting or managing meetings
Education, Qualifications, and Special Training
• 5 +years product management experience in computer software or web-based products
• Undergraduate degree or relevant experience
• Proficient in writing user stories, user journey creation and product briefs
• Ability to lead projects, including projects with senior management
• Ability to manage stakeholders effectively and with empathy in such a way aligned to our company culture
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, find creative resolutions and drive for results is required
• Ability to listen and respond objectively to new ideas
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a high pressure, ever changing environment
• Ability to manage other team members
• Analytical skills in assessing market dynamics
• Results focused
• Ability to function independently and work well within a team environment