Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
Associate Construction Project Manager
Associate Construction Project Manager
Zymergen is a fast-growing company in search of an Associate Project Manager to lead the build out of large capital projects including our corporate headquarters in Emeryville, CA. The scope of projects will include office, laboratory, manufacturing, and infrastructure projects. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the entire project lifecycle, including inception, execution, and close-out.
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities
- Assist in project planning including: economic and feasibility analysis, business case development, conceptual and schematic design, cost estimating, scope development, project execution planning, and preparation of requests for capital expenditure.
- Document and report progress to Sr. PM including schedule, quality, and project execution: detail design, preparation of equipment specifications, procurement, cost and schedule control, commissioning, qualification, and start-up.
- Participates in equipment and system start-up and commissioning activities. Supervises internal and external resources during all phases of commissioning execution. Manages and monitors the activities of external engineering, construction managers and contractors working on capital projects.
- Meet regularly with key stakeholders to understand business needs and develop supply/demand data for management review.
- Support Sr. Pm with Finance to regularly update forecast versus cash scenarios, update asset dates, and identify financial risks.
- Review compliance with local/state/federal/country/regional regulations.
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment by enforcing EH&S procedures and GMP regulations (as applicable).
- Manage documentation control; Design development, RFI’s, Submittals, COR’s, and punch list.
- At least 1 year of experience on the job or internship with experience in a laboratory, manufacturing, or construction environment. Combination of education and experience that provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of the development and use of contracts, estimates, and specifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and Google-based web applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills required to establish and maintain positive relationships with Zymergen colleagues.
- Must exercise rapid learning ability, attention to detail, excellent computer skills, excellent communication skills, team player, organized analytical thinker with a high level of energy and self-motivation, excellent writing skills.
- Bachelors’ degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- Familiarity with building systems, codes and ADA requirements
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.