Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
Sales Director Electronics (America's)
The Sales director Electronics America’s will be accountable for growth and managing opportunities and revenue creaton for established products within Zymergen’s three core platforms – films, adhesives and coatings. The role will be the final responsible person for developing a customer base and maintaining a project pipeline in region. He/she would be working across the global electronics value chain, including suppliers, partners, converters and OEMs, with many companies based in Asia. This is an exciting role given the fact that Zymergen is introducing new polymers and products to the electronics manufacturing markets, introducing biology and improved performance.
He/she will own and is accountable for executing on agreed-upon deliverables. This means that both strategy development as well as operational tasks in the region are part of the job scope. Also coordination on a global scale will be a core task as our customers may specify in 1 region and produce in another.
The diversity of tasks and complexity will ask for excellent communication and matrix management skills as well as an ability to set priorities both on a strategic and operational level. Excellent communication skills are needed, both internally and externally. Creative problem solving is important in order to navigate new opportunities with clients to introduce our new solutions.
Zymergen is planning to move the world in Materials and focuses on Specialties based on its unique and distinctive capabilities available thanks to Industrial Biotechnology. This position offers a unique possibility to lead that change.
Immediate Responsibilities Include
- Develop business development plan for film and adhesive platforms in the America’s with initial focus on US & Canada. In a later stage other area would be added to the role.
- Understand and communicate value proposition of our materials relative to competitive products
- Seek out new contacts and applications through professional network, tradeshows, etc.
- Ability to manage the regional distributor network.
- Regional travel > 40%
- Preferably located in Bay area, but other working locations can be discussed.
- 7-10 years of Industry Experience, including 3-5 years of specifying and selling specialty materials in complex global electronics supply chains
- Established network of contacts in the Electronics scene, preferable at the main US producers (TE, Molex, Delphi etc) and OEM and find a fit between these companies and the Zymergen solutions
- Set up OEM management.
- Experienced in working with product designers and material specifiers in a sales or engineering role is very helpful to be successful.
- Manufacturing experience to optimize/troubleshoot product or process with support from Application Development Engineers
- A demonstrated track record of bringing new innovative specialty products to the market using value propositions
- Experience working across multiple functions to deliver results - R&D, product design, manufacturing, supply chain, purchasing management, quality control, etc.
- Experience with serving customers in diverse and global industries
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects and timelines
The Zymergen HQ is in Emeryville California with satellite offices in Seattle, Boston, Tokyo and Taipei (soon to come).
This is a unique and pivotal role in a fast-growing company and offers the opportunity to shape the future of specialty materials and our customer experiences. The Zymergen platform offers the capability to make complex polymers with unique properties. You will work in an incredibly diverse and talented team.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Zymergen may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.