Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
Senior IT Project Manager
Sr. IT Project Manager
At Zymergen we are on the cusp of a new industrial and technical revolution. We partner with nature to create never before imagined products and materials across a multitude of industries (from electronics, personal care, and agriculture) and bring them to market faster, more economically, and more sustainably. Our story involves the fusion of biology and technology; our partners are Fortune 500 companies and our impact on the world is going to be enormous.
Currently, we are looking for a Sr. IT Project Manager who will be involved in virtually every aspect of internal IT hardware/software implementations and application development and will work cross-functionally with IT, lines of business, key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts. This role is a key position in ensuring projects are effectively executed and teams are kept focused, energized, and on-track to meet the objectives of technology initiatives.
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities
Immediate responsibilities include:
- Serve as lead and conduit between IT and operational functions to drive deployments and integration of technology solutions
- Develop overall project timelines and key milestones; ensure teams meet critical dates leveraging Project Management tool
- Manage all phases of projects: initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, and closure
- Mature project management, policies, processes, tools, and templates to contribute to successful delivery of IT/ERP projects
- Utilize SDLC, ITIL framework and/or industry best practices to develop and manage information systems
- Closely monitor implementations, track deployment issues, and formulate fallback strategies
- Ensure project risks are managed and communicate risks and implications to management as appropriate
- Analyze feasibility and cost of technology deployments to lead the team to go/no-go decisions
- Work with team to identify and execute cost savings opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field
- 8+ years of project management experience in the technology sector (IT, ERP, Engineering, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience leading Information Technology projects that involve business process change and multiple medium to large scale technology components
- Strong preference for enterprise applications experience with CRM, ERP, HRIS, SCM, etc.
- Experience leading projects in application development, systems integration, and infrastructure implementations
- Strong understanding of project governance, software development, and testing life cycles
- Firm understanding and knowledge of IT infrastructure, protocols, and vendor management
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management and other functional departments
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Proven experience in helping project teams move from ambiguity to clarity and in leading in a highly dynamic business environment
- Ability to drive and meet deadlines
- Experience in SDLC management and ITIL methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills, including understanding of the audience
- PMP or CAPM Certification
- Agile certifications
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Zymergen may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.