Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
Zymergen is looking for a capable employment attorney to support a growing technology company headquartered in Emeryville but with both domestic and international locations.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Oversee and manage risk exposure, pre-disputes, disputes, claims and litigation related to employment law issues
- Work closely with the legal department and human resources colleagues to develop appropriate employment-related policies
- Lead internal training, KPIs and reporting on employment law related matters
- Coordinate with external counsel as appropriate
- Build an internal team and oversee efforts of outside counsel in connection with the above
- Build infrastructure and operational capabilities in connection with the
- Must a member of the State bar of California or another U.S. state and eligible to practice law as registered in-house counsel in California
- At least 5 years of practice experience, in-house experience preferred
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.* *
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.