Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
IT Systems Engineer
At Zymergen we are on the cusp of a new industrial and technical revolution. We partner with nature to create never before imagined products and materials across a multitude of industries (from electronics, personal care, and agriculture) and bring them to market faster, more economically, and more sustainably. Our story involves the fusion of biology and technology; our partners are Fortune 500 companies and our impact on the world is going to be enormous.
We are constantly improving our IT operations and capability. We are currently looking for a highly motivated, dependable and experienced system engineer that shares our passion and wants to be a part of a fast moving and highly execution oriented team. You will be responsible for design, implementation and maintenance of our growing corporate systems and networks.
The ideal candidate will have experience in deploying and supporting a diverse range of networking environments. You will work closely within the IT team to develop and implement scalable, reliable and resilient solutions.
You will be a part of the team responsible for effective planning, deployment and administration of our hardware, software systems and related infrastructure. Such duties will include incident & problem resolution, support & maintenance of our server & endpoint infrastructure, cloud & SaaS operations, onboarding identity management & SSO.
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities:
Primary responsibilities include:
- Architect, install, optimize, and manage the network infrastructure including WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi, site-to-site & endpoint VPN networks in an efficient manner ensuring a high availability, flexibility, and performance
- Plan, deploy and manage core IT systems across a variety of different software stacks and platforms. This includes Linux, Windows, OSX, Hyper-V, VMware, AWS, as well as SaaS applications (Google Apps, Confluence, Okta, OneLogin, JIRA, Slack, etc.).
- Collaborate with Information Security colleagues to ensure design principles and implementation practices are well aligned with security objectives and larger strategy.
- Proficient in deploying and management of endpoint infrastructure services using tools such as SCCM, JAMF, Desktop Central, Workspace One, and package management via Munki, Chocolatey, Artifactory, etc.
- Regularly cross-train collaborators on the operation and maintenance of systems management tools.
- Develop systems that proactively capture health status of various system components.
- Stay current on evolving and emerging technologies relevant to systems management.
- Partner with Facilities, Security, Workplace, etc. on office expansion and remodeling projects
- Provide Tier III support and help ensure that SLAs/OLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met via our IT ticketing system.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with routers, switches, and firewalls preferably Fortinet & Aruba.
- 5+ years of experience in deploying and managing Windows, OSX or Linux systems.
- Experience administering G-Suite or O365, Okta or Azure, Atlassian suite, Slack, JAMF, and Desktop Central.
- Experience in deployment and administration of wireless networks preferably aerohive.
- Proficient in TCP/IP services, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory, GPO, SSL, SSH, LDAP, SSO(SAML & Oauth), SCIM provisioning workflows.
- Experience automating or scripting in languages such as Python, Powershell, etc and good understanding of REST API’s and how to consume them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, customer service oriented attitude and ability to collaborate and work with other partners and stakeholders.
- Experience supporting Cloud integrations and SaaS Applications.
- Experience working in ISO 27001 and NIST 800-53 certified environment and ability to author and update technical documentation.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Zymergen may agree to sponsor an individual for an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.