Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
Business Development Manager, Consumer Care
Zymergen is hiring distinctive talented, highly motivated individuals to develop and manage our large-scale customer projects and partnerships. The Business development director will be responsible for prospection, customer engagement and the overall economics from contracting through execution. He/She will work closely with our technical leaders to deliver against performance targets. He/She will report to the Sr Vice President, Consumer Care Products.
He/She will bring drive, strategic thinking, creativity, perseverance and energy to identify and execute on new opportunities. Zymergen is planning to move the lines in the world of Consumer Care based on its unique and distinctive capabilities applicable to Industrial Biotechnology. This position offers a unique possibility to lead that change. Zymergen is a fast-growing company and, as such, the nature of role is likely to change and expand.
- 5 or more years of experience, showing increasing responsibility and track record in sales, B2B marketing, business development, in company (ies) like : home and personal care Ingredient manufacturer, or Life science / biotech start up
- Technical background and application knowledge is a plus
- Advanced degree (MS, PhD, or MBA)
- Passion for client management and relationship building (external focus)
- Driven by growth opportunity creation, execution (closure) and delivering results
- Must be comfortable with dealing with C-level executives
- Thrive on contract negotiations/Management
- Clear written and oral communication
- Creative and organized self starter
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging industry trends
- This role will require frequent domestic and/or international travel (50% min)
- Accountable for business growth and revenue target
- Responsible for pipeline generation, identify, evaluate and manage leads
- Contribute to product strategy, make sure the market voice is heard and addressed in product roadmap
- Highly motivated and willing to work in a startup environment; ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You are comfortable working in a global environment
- You are a good team player
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.* *
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.