Searching beyond the bounds of human intuition to deliver novel products and materials
Senior Brand Marketing Manager
At Zymergen we are on the cusp of a new industrial and technical revolution. We partner with nature to create never before imagined products and materials across a multitude of industries (from electronics, personal care, and agriculture) and bring them to market faster, more economically, and more sustainably. Our story involves the fusion of biology and technology; our partners are Fortune 500 companies and our impact on the world is going to be enormous.
If that’s a story you would like to tell, please keep reading.
We are building a marketing team of pioneers, storytellers, creative and strategic thinkers who will help write that script. Zymergen’s Marketing team plays a critical role in both our internal and external storytelling. The Marketing team is responsible for telling our story, building brand awareness, inspiring and educating our target audience, creating demand for our products, and positioning Zymergen as a global leader. As Marketing Manager, you will have the opportunity to drive brand strategy and lead projects from planning to campaign execution. You will work cross-functionally with experts in Digital Marketing, Comms/PR, Business Development, Products, and Science/Technology. You will help guide our team, our agency partners, and internal/external stakeholders on a paradigm shift to rethink biology and reimagine the world.
Apply today to help Zymergen create a vibrant, sustainable future through biology.
Job Description and Specific Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Marketing Director:
- Work alongside the Marketing Director to execute the day-to-day brand plan and product launches from brief to execution
- Be the voice of the consumer and insights
- Be the guardian of the competitive landscape across all industries and sectors within the brand plan
- Liaise with other marketing functions and internal groups to utilize the insights and produce compelling content
- Work with legal to ensure all communications are valid
- Manage consumer segmentation strategy and Insights across BTB and BTC
- Manage agencies to ensure brand standards are met and work is developed on time and on budget
- Help manage brand operations and content calendars
- Ability to work seamlessly across art and science storytelling
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and meet tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- Experience: 5+ years
- Brand strategy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Master storyteller
- Agency and cross-functional management
- Consumer Segmentation/Insights within BTB and BTC
- Product Marketing experience
- Campaign briefing/planning/production/execution management
- Content Calendar creation and management
- Budgeting experience
- Biotech/Life Sciences/Tech (Machine Learning) preferred
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
Who are you? In addition to your love of all things Brand Marketing you are: Interested and interesting. You inspire and influence people to want to go farther and dig that little bit deeper for you. You think beyond the norm and embrace scale. You are as comfortable with art as you are with science. You embody the “all for one and one for all” musketeer spirit as a teammate. You are excited to be in the trenches in an established, but still start-up, environment. You believe, really believe, that science and technology, together with your storytelling capabilities, can change the world.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products. Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
Zymergen at a glance
Zymergen focuses on Robotics, Machine Learning, Software, and Big Data Analytics. Their company has offices in San Francisco Bay Area and Emeryville. They have a large team that's between 501-1000 employees. To date, Zymergen has raised $576M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.