Renting an apartment should be as easy as booking a hotel
Director of Customer Support Operations
Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 75 million annual users across two brands (Zumper and PadMapper), we’ve generated support from top-tier investors and recently raised $60m in Series D funding (of $140m total). We’re searching for passionate, hardworking people to build extraordinary products and redefine the rental industry. Jump aboard our rocket ship!
We are looking for an experienced Director of Customer Support Operations, who is passionate about customer happiness and relationship building. Your goal is to increase customer satisfaction through a data-driven approach in a high-growth business. You will join a fast-paced environment and work with teams in multiple locations across the US to build and nurture a customer approach that helps us establish and maintain relationship-oriented success processes in alignment with our company’s vision and strategy.
What You Will Do
- Lead an organization of Customer Success Managers across multiple regions who are responsible for the widespread adoption of Zumper’s product across our customer base
- Define and mature an organizational structure for scale that is cost efficient, yet does not sacrifice our high standard of excellence when providing support to our customers
- Hire and nurture new talent into our Customer Success organization that is equipped to meet the demands of our rapidly evolving business and customer base
- Develop KPIs, manage performance, and establish career path opportunities for the Customer Success team, alongside your counterpart who oversees Technical Support
- Shape our service offerings, and response level commitments, commensurate to the level of effort required to properly service customers and improve renewal and expansion rates
- Partner with the Engineering, Product, Marketing and Leadership teams to ensure positive customer outcomes
- Prioritize and funnel customer feedback to the Marketing and Product Management team to optimize the user experience with Zumper
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree with MS or MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience successfully leading a Customer Success team, ideally in a marketplace organization
- Proven track record of successfully managing a team within established budget parameters, and allocating resources effectively based on internal and external demands
- Ability to hire and mentor team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills and empathy for customers
- Significant experience building customer relationships at senior level and handling escalations
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas and communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- High level of intellectual curiosity -- you see opportunity and growth in learning more about what you do and how it impacts others
What We Offer
- Great medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% employee premium coverage
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Mass transit/rideshare stipend
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Catered meals and stocked kitchen with coffee, snacks and beverages
- Team adventures and outings
- Weekly insight into all major company metrics
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. We have offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale and are lucky to have 200+ team mates across the US.
We care deeply about diversity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates authenticity and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other employee benefits (Please contact us to request accommodations.)
We are proud to have won awards from Inc. Magazine (2019 Best Places to Work) and SF Business Times (2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness Award).
Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.
Zumper at a glance
Zumper focuses on Mobile, Real Estate, B2B, Marketplaces, and Rental Housing. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a mid-size team that's between 51-200 employees. To date, Zumper has raised $138.15M of funding; their latest round was closed on March 2020.