Zeus gives you a home of your own for business travel
Zeus - Flawless Stays.
We built Zeus Living so you can feel at home wherever opportunity takes you. Whether it’s for a month, a year or sometime in between, you can count on a thoughtfully designed home and a comfortable, easy stay. Our technology helps us select homes you’ll love in ideal locations at a good value, while our expert team handles all the details. Backed by Airbnb, Comcast, Bowery and Initialized Capital, Zeus has raised $90M in funding and is based in San Francisco and operates in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle and Washington, D.C. To date, Zeus has hosted more than 17,000 residents for over 500,000 nights. For more information, visit zeusliving.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Maintenance techs support the Resident Experience team in providing timely, efficient fixes to property related issues that arise for Zeus residents in Los Angeles. Given the variety of properties that Zeus has, there are a variety of issues that potentially arise. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, changing environment and has excellent customer service facing skills.
The role will be a contractor to full time position and will have a schedule of Thursday-Monday or Friday-Tuesday.
What You Will Do
- *Basic maintenance tasks including - *
- Change light bulbs, batteries, digital lock codes, smoke/CO detector batteries or install new detectors
- Touch up paint including light drywall patching
- Tighten/replace toilet seats
- Change toilet fill valves/ flappers
- Caulk bathroom fixtures
- Tighten/ reinstall towel bars
- Tighten water fixture handles/knobs
- Change furnace filtersChange fridge water filters
- Clear/reset garbage disposals
- Diagnose and correct local power failures (Flipped breakers/GFCI outlets)
- Copying keys
- Basic cleaning tasks including -
- Basic upholstery cleaning
- General cleaning
- Power-wash windows, buildings, stairs and walkways
- Trash disposal
- Basic gardening tasks including
- Weed whacking
- Leaf blowing
- Trimming overgrown pathways from tree/ bush branches
- Assist other techs with moving large furniture (eg, beds, mattresses, couches, tables, etc.)
- Purchase items necessary for a fix and submit reimbursements promptly
- Supervise vendor appointments
- Ensure every property is up to Zeus standards and taking the necessary actions to correct any that are not
Would be Great to Know
- Basic plumbing (snaking sinks/bathtubs)
- Re-light pilot lights
- Tighten p-traps
- Build/Disassemble Ikea furniture
What We Are Looking For
- Attention to detail to ensure efficient and quality repairs
- Great problem solving with the ability to understand and utilize all resources at hand
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- High level of professionalism and customer service as this role will be interacting with residents, owners, and external vendors
- Ability to handle complaints & adversity with tact and diplomacy
- Familiar with navigating different mobile apps
- Must have reliable automobile transportation and a valid California Driver’s License and insurance
- Willing to be very flexible with their schedule
- Has a truck/SUV
- Additional Maintenance Skills including but not limited to
- Ability to perform simple electrical tasks (testing/replacing faulty switches/outlets, test for continuity)
- Ability to replace plumbing fixtures (faucets, shower handles, cartridges)
- Experience diagnosing and fixing appliances
- Comfortable using larger plumbing snakes for floor drains/main cleanouts
- Can install a garbage disposal
- Can measure, cut, and install blinds
- Can re-grout tile
- Can change a thermocouple/Gas valve
Zeus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Health & wellness
We provide comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
401(k) + matching
Save early for retirement. We offer a generous 401k plan with up to 4% matching.
Generous paid time off
Every Zeus employee gets 20 days of paid time off in addition to sick days, bereavement, and volunteering hours.
16 weeks of parental leave
We offer a 16 weeks paid and an additional 10 weeks unpaid parental leave.
Catered lunch everyday
Everyday we provide free and delicious lunches for everyone. Plus a fully stocked kitchen.
Parking & commuter pass
Commuting doesn’t have to suck. We provide everyone with a commuter pass or subsidy for parking.
Learning & development
To honor our team's commitment to personal growth, we provide education or certificate expense coverage to further their education.
All the gear you'll need
We provide everyone on the team with a new laptop computer, headphones of your choosing, and external monitors.
Zeus Living at a glance
Zeus Living focuses on Real Estate, Leisure, Rental Housing, Property Management, and Home Decor. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Washington, and Venice. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Zeus Living has raised $14M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.zeusliving.com/