Zeus gives you a home of your own for business travel
Business Intelligence Engineer
Zeus - Flawless Stays.
We built Zeus Living so you can feel at home wherever opportunity takes you. Whether it’s for a month, a year or sometime in between, you can count on a thoughtfully designed home and a comfortable, easy stay. Our technology helps us select homes you’ll love in ideal locations at a good value, while our expert team handles all the details. Backed by Airbnb, Comcast, Bowery and Initialized Capital, Zeus has raised $90M in funding and is based in San Francisco and operates in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, New York City, Seattle and Washington, D.C. To date, Zeus has hosted more than 17,000 residents for over 500,000 nights. For more information, visit zeusliving.com and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
You will be building pre-aggregated data sources for each department with descriptive metrics that will allow dashboard building to be self-serve. You will work with each department head to determine the requirements for each data source and training users on how to self-serve dashboards.
What You Will Do
- Work with department heads on determining reporting and dashboard requirements and developing these into prioritized metrics for data sources
- Transform existing data to create new metrics using SQL and Python that allow new insights into our data
- Design and develop data sources in Looker for each department with pre-aggregated metrics by the level of granularity needed by the department
- Create BI dashboards for more complicated analytical analysis
- Cleanse the current data sources so that only vetted data is being used and users trust the data
- Be the admin and oversee user access and privileges to Zeus’s BI platform
- Make recommendations on how best to upgrade and maintain Looker
What We Are Looking For
- 2-3 years of engineering experience with focus around data/BI
- Very proficient in SQL (proficiency with complex queries such as windows functions, CTEs, and lateral joins)
- Extensive experience working with Python (excellent skills with pandas and good coding practices)
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing, challenging environment
- Pragmatic and gets things done
- Excellent communicator
- Experience working with Looker preferred
- Experience working with Snowflake and Postgres databases (bonus)
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents
- Parking, commuter pass, and education or certification expense coverage
- 20 days paid time off per year
- Catered daily team lunches
- 401K with matching
Zeus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Health & wellness
We provide comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits for you and your family.
401(k) + matching
Save early for retirement. We offer a generous 401k plan with up to 4% matching.
Generous paid time off
Every Zeus employee gets 20 days of paid time off in addition to sick days, bereavement, and volunteering hours.
16 weeks of parental leave
We offer a 16 weeks paid and an additional 10 weeks unpaid parental leave.
Catered lunch everyday
Everyday we provide free and delicious lunches for everyone. Plus a fully stocked kitchen.
Parking & commuter pass
Commuting doesn’t have to suck. We provide everyone with a commuter pass or subsidy for parking.
Learning & development
To honor our team's commitment to personal growth, we provide education or certificate expense coverage to further their education.
All the gear you'll need
We provide everyone on the team with a new laptop computer, headphones of your choosing, and external monitors.
Zeus Living at a glance
Zeus Living focuses on Real Estate, Leisure, Rental Housing, Property Management, and Home Decor. Their company has offices in San Francisco, New York, Seattle, Washington, and Venice. They have a large team that's between 201-500 employees. To date, Zeus Living has raised $14M of funding; their latest round was closed on April 2018.
You can view their website at http://www.zeusliving.com/