Climate Risk Analytics Platform powered by Artificial Intelligence focused on Insurance
Senior Software Engineer, Backend$100k – $160k • 0.01% – 0.1%
Events in recent years have made us all too familiar with the havoc that natural disasters can wreak, and the increasing frequency and intensity with which they are occurring.
Despite record levels of losses, conventional methods of risk modeling continue to paint at best an incomplete picture of these threats.
Zesty.ai uses novel data gathering and machine learning approaches to produce higher quality information about the risks to property from catastrophes like floods and wildfires. While AI alone may not be able to thwart these disasters, it can help us become more prepared for them, and ultimately that will lead to better outcomes.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Backend you are comfortable designing scalable APIs and distributed systems. You will have strong interests in all things data, and a passion for delivering high quality, rock-solid code. You will be part of the core technical team that will be charting the course for the entire platform. You thrive in a collaborative, creative environment that moves fast and are comfortable learning new skills and working with unfamiliar technologies.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk to you.
- Architecture and development on our enterprise-grade data access APIs and data platform
- Architecture and development of our application APIs
- Working with imagery from satellites, low-flying aircrafts, drones etc
- DevOps and system stability
- Serving as part of the core team for the technology stack
- Partnering closely with the Founders to bring a disruptive AI based technology platform to the insurance and real estate markets
- Investigating and prototyping new technologies
What You Bring to the Zesty.ai Team:
- Bachelor's Degree is required: Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- At least 7 years of employment as a platform/back-end engineer in a professional setting
- Must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Expert in python, NodeJS, and other languages
- Ability to easily dive into code written in unfamiliar languages
- Expertise working with cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, etc) and designing large-scale cloud architecture
- Strong experience with complex application integrations
- Ability to define data model and data storage strategies, including knowledge of distributed data systems
- Ability to manage multiple/competing priorities and make the right tradeoffs and timely delivery of features
- Strong experience planning and writing unit, functional, and integration tests, load profiling and testing, and performance and availability monitoring
- Experience or familiarity with geography, geometry and GIS systems
- Experience working with imagery and image manipulation
- Relevant education (Coding Bootcamp, and/or Bachelors in Computer Science) or equivalent experience
- Be part of a well-funded early-stage start-up
- Market competitive comp and equity incentives to give you a stake in our future
- Medical, Vision and Dental for you and your dependents
- Pre-tax commuter & parking benefits
- Flexible Telecommute Policy
- Flexible Time Off
- An upbeat and collaborative work culture
- Company-sponsored outings
- Free One Medical membership
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Health & wellness
We offer rich health plans to choose from for medical, dental, and vision. Free One Medical membership plans included. We also offer long term and life insurance to give you and your family a peace of mind.
Save for retirement through our 401k partnership with Mass Mutual.
Be a partner
Stock options granted to all full-time employees. We want you to be and think like an owner!
No time accrual here; take time off as you need. Employees generally take 15 days off per year.
Team outings & trips
Quarterly team outings and a 3-4 days annual trip is a must for quality team bonding time.
Zesty.ai at a glance
Zesty.ai focuses on Insurance, Real Estate Technology, Weather Insurance, Property And Casualty Insurance Companies, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in Montreal and Oakland. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Zesty.ai has raised $13M of funding; their latest round was closed on December 2018.