The better way to share, organize and collaborate on designs—built with developers in mind
Sr. Software Engineer, macOS
As the Zeplin crew, we’re building an app used by thousands of product teams daily. While creating a common language for our fellow designers and developers, we care deeply about building a product that delights them.
As a Software Engineer on our macOS team, you will be building the new features of Zeplin for our macOS app, as well as engineering performance and improvements to the existing codebase. Our macOS app is a native application built using AppKit and written entirely in Swift.
- Implementing the next generation of Zeplin features and products for the macOS platform using Swift
- Being a self-starter by identifying areas that need improvement, all the way from resolving a performance issue to tweaking a UI animation
- Maintain and improve the codebase
- Keeping up-to-date with macOS and iOS development updates
- Learning and utilizing new AppKit and Swift changes
- Answering daily questions from users, collaborating with Support Engineers to investigate and solve support issues
- Knowledge of Zeplin and passion for the product
- Care for quality of user experience, as much as quality of code
- Strong problem solving ability
- Clear and positive communication skills in written and spoken English
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms and programming languages
- Minimum 5 years' relevant professional experience
- Experience with Swift
- Experience building macOS applications using AppKit
- Experience building iOS applications using UIKit
Zeplin is a connected space for product teams where they can share designs, generate specs, assets and code snippets. In just 3 years, we’ve reached over 2 million users from thousands of product teams, including Airbnb, Dropbox, Pinterest, Microsoft and many many more. We’re a Y Combinator startup, also backed by amazing investors like Elad Gil, Mike Maples, Kevin Hale. We’re a small, distributed crew with offices in San Francisco, Istanbul and London, UK.
Zeplin started at one small piece of the product development cycle. In fact, designers and engineers interact at every single point from idea, all the way to production. Our goal is to help with all the issues that a product team might face in this process.
Zeplin at a glance
Zeplin focuses on Mobile, SaaS, Product Design, Design, and Software. Their company has offices in San Francisco, London, and Istanbul. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Zeplin has raised $1.2M of funding; their latest round was closed on November 2015.