The new standard for home search
Lead Product Designer$120k – $180k • 0.25% – 0.5%
Zenlist is the new standard for home search. One trusted source for all public and private listings.
Over 5 million homes are sold yearly in the US, and 90% of transactions happen through a real-estate agent. Home buyers rely on public online portals to get their information, while agents trust multiple and (often) outdated sources to obtain and share their inventory.
Zenlist re-connect buyers and agents by allowing agents to deliver the value of quality inventory only the MLS and their private network can provide in a modern, consumer friendly format that resonates with their buyers. We’re the tech provider for the real-estate industry. Currently operating in Chicago, we’re rapidly expanding our user base in several US major cities.
Our ideal candidate is someone who knows and enjoys handling the dynamics of both small, fast paced teams and bigger, more structured organizations while looking for an opportunity to shine. You'll be responsible for building and growing the design infrastructure of the next big platform in real estate.
- Study, restructure and manage our design system
- Understand and explain ROI for different brand and product design approaches to stakeholders
- Know how to design a flawless text input ;) while being able lead a team and communicate a long-term vision for product and brand
- Participate in user testing/interviews to provide a unique perspective on pain points/core problems
- Being able to articulate your viewpoint and exercise leadership to achieve the best outcomes
- Have experience in growing a design team from small to large, and have opinions about best practice for hiring, retaining, and nurturing team members.
- Work on complex projects within limitations and deliver quality design solutions
- Understand how to balance design aesthetics with intuitive functionality and development requirements
- Scaled from small team to a bigger enterprise with a successful product (big plus)
- 5+ years of experience as a designer having worked in startups or large organizations (both is a bonus)
- Ability to simplify complex problems into elegant solutions
- Solid experience in Web and Mobile Design
- Deep knowledge of mobile and app design patterns for both Android and iOS
- Well versed in UX best practices, mobile first, and responsive design
- Able to create detailed style guides and work with engineering to execute designs
- Advanced knowledge of Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects
- Keen understanding of typography, iconography, colour theory, and layout
Nice to have:
Familiarity with rental/real-estate/travel apps
NOTE: You must have an online portfolio or digital samples demonstrating creativity, logic, and problem-solving. We will not consider any candidates without one.
Meet your team
Zenlist at a glance
Zenlist focuses on Real Estate, Marketplaces, Real Estate Investors, and Real Estate Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Boston, and Chicago. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.