Sr. Software Engineer₹10L – ₹15L
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products or systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and you’re comfortable learning new technologies and systems.
Zenatix’ Wattman product is powered by a powerful IoT Gateway which is
deployed at 2500 in numbers at 200+ cities in India. Backend engineers build the core of Zenatix IoT gateway’s software and Device Management platform in spectacularly robust fashion. This includes interfacing with different types of sensors - wifi or bluetooth based sensors for south bound communications, integrating with different cloud platforms for north bound communication and software modules to perform reliable software updates for IoT gateways in a distributed manner.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Work with other software engineers to build software modules for Wattman’s IoT Gateway and Device Management Platform.
2. Closely work with Product and Hardware team to finalise the scope of work and set aggressive timelines and ensure timely delivery.
3. Building tools/frameworks for performance/robustness monitoring that can be used in multiple projects.
4. Effective leverage as a lead by both being hands on at some times and mentoring other engineers with an aim to make the whole team most effective at other times
5. Improve upon the existing processes around code reviews, reducing code baggage, testing, hiring, documentation etc.
6. Participate in code reviews in a meaningful manner.
7. Understand and improve upon the tech and overall culture at Zenatix
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicants must have:
1. Bachelors/Masters degree in CS/ECE from a top-tier institute or equivalent practical experience majority of which should be in product driven software companies.
2. Strong experience with Python as a programming language.
3. Advanced git knowledge
4. Have deep knowledge of Linux, networking, and internet protocols.
5. Good understanding of algorithms and data structures along with experience of putting them into practice for gaining code efficiency.
6. Excellent written communication skills
7. Exposure to various databases like Postgresql, Redis and it’s maintenance and management.
8. Experience in algorithmic development and good knowledge of data-structures
9. Excellent analytical, communication, presentation and problem-solving skills.
10. Willingness to work in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision
It is an added bonus for the applicants to have:
1. Experience with embedded GNU/Linux, anything ranging from personal projects with a Raspberry Pi to commercial or industrial scenarios with custom devices
2. Experience in building mobile apps in Android or iOS.
3. Experience with Node.js, Docker, microservice architectures, Golang.
4. Experience in web development using any framework - Django or Ruby on Rails.
5. Experience in building distributed systems software
6. Prior experience of developing the IoT technology stack
7. Experience of working both on the technology side and the product side
8. Experience of working in a startup.
IoT is often termed as the next Industrial Revolution. Cofounded by alumni from IIT Delhi, IIM Ahmedabad and UCLA, Zenatix is currently developing technologies, across the IoT stack, exploiting several open source projects, many of which have a large community backing and are still evolving (e.g. Kubernetes, Druid, InfluxDB, Hawkbit)
Being a start-up, Zenatix offers a challenging fast-paced environment wherein you are pushed every day to deliver a little better than the day before, opportunities to step out of comfort zone and tinker with your creative and innovative side and host of responsibilities.
Work for us is not a chore. It’s an opportunity to utilise and develop our skills; to help us overcome our egocentricity by working with other very smart people for a common objective; and to do our small bit for the sustainable future we are passing on to our next generations.
More information about the company and its team is available at zenatix.com
Group mediclaim & personal accident coverage
Group mediclaim coverage upto INR 3 lac-employee, spouse and kids upto 2. Personal accident coverage upto INR 5 lac. This is over and above CTC.
Gratuity are over and above CTC
Only for select employees based on performance and tenure
Celebrate Quarterly milestones together over drinks.
Get to showcase your exciting work to the office. Employee of the month and tenure based awards.