Europe’s largest selection of clothing, accessories and shoes online
Product Design (UX) Management (multiple openings) (w/m/d)
Product Design (UX) Management
Berlin, Helsinki, Dublin
Empathy and data bring fashion to life. By leading digital product designers you will help transform online fashion e-commerce and make Zalando the starting point for fashion — for customers, brands, retailers, influencers and more.
This application form represents all UX design management opportunities across the company. We are currently seeking specifically:
- Design Manager for Loyalty (Zalando Plus), Berlin
- Design Manager for Search & Personalization, Berlin
- Head of Design for Size & Fit, Berlin
- Head of Design, Design Systems, Berlin
- Director of Design, B2C Pillars, Berlin
Feel free to mention a specific interest in your application; we will — in any event — consider you for all relevant management* openings (even those not published).
*At Zalando we highly value individual contribution. Not only do we encourage managers to get into the details of design, but we also reward exceptional hands-on design work with promotions to the highest level as an individual contributor. If your passion is designing great digital experiences, consider applying as a Principal Product Designer.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
As a design leader at Zalando you will work with interdisciplinary leadership teams focused on creating coherent strategies to understand and solve a defined set of customer needs. On the B2C side, you will impact the end customer experience of over 31 million Zalando customers. On the B2B side, you will help level the playing field for our fashion brands, partners and retail stores by building an unprecedented online platform for fashion.
As a Design Manager you will lead one of our Zalando digital product design teams in Berlin, Helsinki or Dublin. In our core business, you will likely guide the design team delivering on a certain customer-centered opportunity space. Or you might lead the design team in one of our internal “start-up” ventures, new business initiatives or B2B products.
As a Head of Design you might lead several teams (managing managers and ICs alike, potentially across locations) or drive impact on a strategic topic with a small team of direct reports.
As a Director or Vice President (VP) of Design you would take executive responsibility for a broad set of teams delivering solutions for a certain customer — either B2C, B2B or B2E (employee-facing enterprise software).
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Experience: You are a very seasoned design professional. While you have likely led larger teams before, you are inspired to dive deep to solve truly meaningful problems that make customers feel like we understand them. To land a design management job at Zalando, you will show and explain raw artefacts from your work defining product design strategy, executing tactically in a complex environment and leading people to perform at their best.
- Empathy: You have the mindset and methodologies to understand your customers, colleagues and employees. You guide your teams through moments of ambiguity and create a safe and inclusive space in which people perform at their personal and collective best.
- Craft: You master interaction design, choreograph UX design processes and orchestrate unified experiences across devices and throughout the customer journey — while knowing how to embody specific solutions in usable and delightful interactions.
- Experimentation: You are willing to kill your darlings. You take a forward-looking generative approach and make design decisions on evidence. You guide your team to solve problems in the best way possible. You know when to work iteratively and when to take bold bets.
- Storytelling: You bring not just users but also stakeholders and employees on a compelling journey by explaining a clear customer experience vision and telling compelling tales.
In close collaboration with other designers, user researchers, product managers, engineering managers and data scientists, your team will deliver best-in-class user experiences to lead the fashion industry.
As part of a growing design management circle, you will step up to drive specific design operations topics like design critique, onboarding or team rituals — and to actively contribute to overarching topics that affect us all (e.g. hiring, team health, diversity and inclusion).
Inspiring peers. You will join a leadership circle boasting well over a dozen seasoned design managers across Zalando.
Empowering culture. We value trust and have a bias for action. We are kind to each other. For us respect means challenging each other and giving direct feedback. We share ideas freely. We learn from mistakes. We laugh a lot.
Professional development. As a fast-growing company, Zalando will by its very nature help you stretch and grow yourself as well. We help you develop through personal branding support, networking inside and outside the company, and rotation through diverse leadership opportunities.
Perks. Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings. Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (available in select locations). Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (available for selected departments/positions)
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
All applications must be completed using the online form and submitted in English — we do not accept applications via e-mail.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills.
Employee participation program
Flexible working hours
Additional vacation days
Free drinks and fruits, various sports and health offers
Discounts for public transport
40% zalando shopping discount
Discounts from external partners
Zalando SE at a glance
Zalando SE focuses on E-Commerce, Fashion, E-Commerce Platforms, Lifestyle, and Fashion Tech. Their company has offices in Berlin, Hamburg, Helsinki, Dublin, and Dortmund. They have a very large team that's 5000+ employees.