A community and growth services for exciting food and drink startups
Grocery National Account Manager£40k – £50k • No equity
*GROCERY NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER (£40-50k, South London) *
Young Foodies are looking for a Grocery National Account Manager to join in on the exciting journey of one of our brands with a real passion for Regional European Food. The business was founded in 2009 and since then they have developed a large range of products - all with exceptional quality, a high shelf presence and a forward thinking strategy around NPD. They are a team of approx. 15 people based out of a spacious open plan office in South London.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILTIES
• Manage the day to day relationships with existing Grocery accounts (including Waitrose, Ocado & Sainsbury’s)
• Create and execute sales strategies to drive sustainable growth in those accounts.
• Create, negotiate and implement profitable business plans with key accounts.
• Effectively communicate across all levels via presentations & proposals
• Deliver plans on time and on budget
• Take a needs-based, category selling approach to growing revenue & market share
• Forecast, implement and analyse promotional activity
• Develop a deep understanding of each customer and identify opportunities.
• Provide full service and sales support including resolving day-to-day issues.
• Attend key customer meetings, conferences and events
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
We’re looking for a commercial candidate with strong UK Grocery sales experience, ideally gained from blue chip or SME environments across food and beverage branded businesses. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and proactive go-getter, happy to take hold of their own progression and development within the business.
You must be able to demonstrate:
• Proven experience at National Account Executive Level in FMCG
• Astute Commercial Skills including calculating promo funding and margins
• Experience of managing a P&L
• Experience interpreting and using IRI, Dunnhumby, Nielson data
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Knowledge of UK Grocery Retailers, Particularly ‘Big 4’
• A natural relationship builder, collaborative and a sense of the wider team
• High capacity for work and extra responsibility
• Thrives under pressure and taking on challenges in a fast-paced environment
• Experience of selling premium or healthy brands is desirable.
• Competitive salary £40k+
• Contributory pension**