Digital Home Insurance Marketplace
Backend Engineer (Mid-Level)$105k – $120k
Young Alfred is building the Stripe/Plaid for insurance. We are venture-backed by Gradient Ventures (Google's AI Fund). Opportunity to get in early on a fast-growing Series A startup attacking a $278B industry. We have fun - work hard, play hard. Results-based culture. Come help us build something special!
Recent company feature in the WSJ: https://www.wsj.com/articles/insurance-startup-young-alfred-raises-10-million-in-early-stage-funding-11572003000
• 3+ years of professional experience building and deploying software to production environment.
• SOLID Experience in one of the languages such as Java, C#, Scala, F#, Go or Python
• Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases
• Experience in working with enterprise/consumer-facing applications in the cloud (AWS or Azure)
• Experience working with REST APIs
• Familiarity with containers and microservices
• Experience with automated testing frameworks
• Experience working in an Agile/Lean environment.
• Open to learning new technologies with a passion for system design principles and code quality
• Ability to understand customer requirements and efficiently translate it to the code
• Good verbal communication skills.
Compensation package base + equity.
At your service,
Young Alfred at a glance
Young Alfred focuses on Insurance Companies, Smart Home, Property And Casualty Insurance Companies, and Insurtech. Their company has offices in New York City and Philadelphia. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.