Remodeling Real Estate Finance With AI
Data Scientist$120k – $180k
YouLand is a fintech company headquartered in San Francisco specializing in real estate bridge loans, driven by automation and AI. We are automating the entire loan process, modernizing a multi billion dollar industry that has lagged behind the times in terms of technology. YouLand has created backend machine learning algorithms including a credit analysis bot, a property valuation bot, and a risk-pricing bot. These have allowed us to quickly assess the feasibility of a loan, make credit decisions, and migrate a largely offline process online.
At YouLand, we build great technology platform with superior user experience. We are a team of bright people who love building the cutting edge product and solution. This is a great opportunity to solving big problem with the latest technology stack.
About the Role
Each member of the Data team plays an integral part of what we are building at YouLand. We rely on advanced techniques in machine learning, cloud platforms and big data to drive decisions across the organization. If you are interested in working with an impressive team of Data pros who collaborate and challenge each other, and want to solve interesting problems to propel the company’s growth, we invite you to apply.
What You’ll Do
• Develop custom models and algorithms to apply to large datasets, as well as, processes for monitoring and analyzing their performance.
• Mine and analyze data from different resources, and use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, customer acquisition, and underwriting, as well as, other business outcomes.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to drive business decisions.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
What We Look For
• Master in a machine learning field with 2+ years of experience working with large data sets
• Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on translating real-life problems into a concrete model development strategy. Blend academic rigor with a sense of pragmatism for rapidly prototyping and delivering solutions.
• Experienced in using Python for analysis and modeling (TensorFlow is a big plus)
• Experience applying a wide range of statistical techniques to large data sets, and understanding their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
• Experience using web services (AWS), and distributed data/computing tools (Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
• Excellent cross-functional communication skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Benefits to You
• Firm-wide bonus target
• Competitive stock options package as an early member of the team
• Comprehensive health, vision, dental insurance
• And much more to come!
YouLand at a glance
YouLand focuses on Real Estate Technology and Financial Technology. Their company has offices in San Francisco. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, YouLand has raised $2.5M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2016.
You can view their website at http://youland.com