Behavioral Analytics API for Video/Audio
Data Scientist$100k – $130k • 0.2% – 0.8%
We are looking for a talented data scientist to join our team. You will contribute to the predictive modeling used throughout Yobs to assess behavioral strengths from video interviews based on NLP, psychoacoustics and facial expression while auditing algorithms for potential bias and optimizing solutions for faster, more robust analyses.
The ideal candidate would bring experience in statistical and machine learning methods that could supplement our existing knowledge. We're looking for a person with a broad skillset and a desire to acquire new skills to investigate creative solutions. We value an ability to communicate with a bright team from diverse backgrounds, and the initiative to pursue solutions independently and with scientific rigor.
* Own our entire ML pipeline including pre-processing, feature extraction, model fitting, validation and deployment stages
* Optimize our ML models and constantly look for new ways to improve our ML engine
* Apply statistical and machine learning techniques to identify trends in data
* Work directly with CTO to deliver scalable, secure and robust software solutions on AWS
* 2+ years of hands-on experience in machine learning: building ML models with SciPy, Scikit-learn, Pandas, and NumPy
* 2+ years of experience in Python: extensive knowledge of programming best practices and experience with developing production-ready ml services
* Hungry to join a fast-growing, well funded early-stage startup
* Embodiment of our core company values of motivation, positivity, curiosity, humility and integrity, and buy-in for our company mission of eliminating bias in hiring
* Great communication skills
* Willingness to live and work in the Los Angeles metro area
Nice to Haves:
* Knowledge of psychometric/cognitive science research
* Interest in issues of transparency and fairness in AI
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Flexible paid time off
* Stock option plan
* Beautiful, central DTLA location
* Dog-friendly workplace
* Fun, diverse and intellectually eager coworkers
* Team happy hours and retreats
Meet your team
Yobs Technologies at a glance
Yobs Technologies focuses on Artificial Intelligence, Recruiting, Predictive Analytics, and Hr Tech. Their company has offices in Los Angeles. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Yobs Technologies has raised $1.01M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2018.